Dodge Challenger R/T Classic harkens back to '70s muscle: - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Dodge Challenger R/T Classic harkens back to '70s muscle:

Dodge is evoking the spirit of the original 1970 Challenger with a special edition car it will introduce later this month.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

That car is gorgeous and I for one wish the Camaro had a tad more retro in it. I keep debating in my mind rather to change my order to the Challenger. That is just my opinion and everyone has one so I am not trying to get a debate started here about which one is best.

I guess age has something to do with it but I have felt styling in cars have suffered for 30 years. Every since the EPA started running the car industry. When I go to the lot and look at a Challenger I get the feeling of how nice it is to see something with styling from the good Ole days meshed with the new technology.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Its a good looking car, no argument there, but I'm glad they didn't go more retro with Camaro, why just redo a '69 Camaro? The Camaro is a new car with a new design, if people like the '67-'69 so much then why not just buy one of those or a glass body version. Sorry car guy, not directed at you, I've just heard this comment a lot from people and it baffles me every time.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
Its a good looking car, no argument there, but I'm glad they didn't go more retro with Camaro, why just redo a '69 Camaro? The Camaro is a new car with a new design, if people like the '67-'69 so much then why not just buy one of those or a glass body version. Sorry car guy, not directed at you, I've just heard this comment a lot from people and it baffles me every time.
I agree. I'm glad the Camaro has retro queues, but isn't necessarily retro.

My friends black SRT8 though is one bad ass looking car.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
I agree. I'm glad the Camaro has retro queues, but isn't necessarily retro.

My friends black SRT8 though is one bad ass looking car.
Oh I agree, they are definitely good looking, but if the Camaro did a full out retro like the Mustang and Challenger and being last to market they'd get labelled copy cats, but with a modern design people are going to be asking "why didn't the Challenger and Mustang do what the Camaro did?"

Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
post #6 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

That was true of the current Mustang, but I think the 2010 is like the Camaro. Retro, but not.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
That was true of the current Mustang, but I think the 2010 is like the Camaro. Retro, but not.
Very true. Too bad for Ford it just doesn't have the impact of the Camaro look.

post #8 of 13 Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Very true. Too bad for Ford it just doesn't have the impact of the Camaro look.
Yeah, and the one with HIDS looks cross-eyed. LOL
post #9 of 13 Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I guess people don't buy them because of the price for a good one is way too high and you don't have the new technology in it to make it a good everyday car. A glass body car is hardly what I would want for a trip across country. The 69 is probably one of the most popular cars in history next to the 55-57 Chevys and GM could have made a lot of cash with a nice retro. Not saying they won't make a lot with this car either. They could have started with a more retro and let it evolve into the more modern shape. Overall I don't think GM as a mind set is into the retro thing, and that is one reason why they are the Johnny come lately to this game.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

I don't see a real difference between the R/T and R/T Classic, I guess I don't know that much about mopar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page