'Vert fans - I need opinions - convince me - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

'Vert fans - I need opinions - convince me

OK guys, I want to wait for this convertible so badly.... but I need input. Tell me what the true pros & cons are - what DO & DON'T you like about convertibles in general?

Just the thought of the top down on this thing, cruising on a summer night - sounds too good to be true.

what about wind noise with the top up & down? Is it any colder inside a vert during fall/winter when the top is up?

So far, most of the pics we've seen show a smooth convertible soft top. Will the "ribs" start showing eventually?

give me any & all opinions you have.

Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
OK guys, I want to wait for this convertible so badly.... but I need input. Tell me what the true pros & cons are - what DO & DON'T you like about convertibles in general?

Just the thought of the top down on this thing, cruising on a summer night - sounds too good to be true.

what about wind noise with the top up & down? Is it any colder inside a vert during fall/winter when the top is up?

So far, most of the pics we've seen show a smooth convertible soft top. Will the "ribs" start showing eventually?

give me any & all opinions you have.

Thanks....
Had a cuz with a Honda S2000 convert, and It was awsome for long cruises but..... When you cannot ever hide it gets annoying! What I mean by that is that whatever your up to in your car everyone can see. No privacy!!
post #3 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissbliss View Post
Had a cuz with a Honda S2000 convert, and It was awsome for long cruises but..... When you cannot ever hide it gets annoying! What I mean by that is that whatever your up to in your car everyone can see. No privacy!!
Well, keep your hands out of your pants while driving and you probably won't have a problem. :O

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
SS-Eric

Quote:
Isnt that the fun part of a convertible

SS-ERIC
post #5 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what one would be hiding from when driving

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #6 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM

I've had a 97 formula for several years now. I enjoy on a nice day to drop the top and cruise around, 70mph with the top down on the interstate is not a lot of fun if anything in the car can be blown around.

I have a little trouble backing out of parking lots. the vision out of the back sides is not really good. A few times I dropped the top to see to back out and then put it back up.

Wind noise is more than a hard top, but not too bad, never really noticed it much.

I guess the biggest drawback on the 'vert is the car is easier to break into. I have never had any, but it would be easy to cut through the top and open the car.

Overall, I have enjoyed the car, I am in the process of selling it to get my 2010. I can only have 2 toys and the other one staying is my 68 I've had since high school.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Ragtop View Post
I've had a 97 formula for several years now. I enjoy on a nice day to drop the top and cruise around, 70mph with the top down on the interstate is not a lot of fun if anything in the car can be blown around.

I have a little trouble backing out of parking lots. the vision out of the back sides is not really good. A few times I dropped the top to see to back out and then put it back up.

Wind noise is more than a hard top, but not too bad, never really noticed it much.

I guess the biggest drawback on the 'vert is the car is easier to break into. I have never had any, but it would be easy to cut through the top and open the car.

Overall, I have enjoyed the car, I am in the process of selling it to get my 2010. I can only have 2 toys and the other one staying is my 68 I've had since high school.
+1 I have a 2001 'vert camaro and I find the wind noise to be quite acceptable. I don't enjoy people staring at me either but the country black top driving and summer evening cruising with the top down is an incredible experience. I have also driven it to work when it was 30 degrees out and the heater work perfectly.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #8 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I'm not quite sure what one would be hiding from when driving
Ask the passenger ..... I hear she is a nice person she wont bite
post #9 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the great input so far everyone.....
post #10 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Hubby had a 68 Stingray while we were dating. It was cold in winter, hot in summer and leaked when it rained. Other than that, it was a fabulous car.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page