Modern Camaro Forums banner

Introducing "Helios"

6K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  Artful Dodger 
#1 ·
Introducing "Helios"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- the ancient Greek god of the sun, represented as driving a chariot across the heavens..

(....and I thank God each day for how fortunate I am to be but a small part of the Camaro team - and of this community....................)

Got the call yesterday as I was traipsing thru Detroit Metro Airport.........

"Hello, Mr. Settlemire - this is Michelle with company vehicles - and I have your Captured Test Fleet Camaro waiting for you..."

(God Bless her!)

"When would you like to pick it up?"

(how 'bout yesterday!)

"You can come this afternoon if you'd like..."

Well - the LaCrosse had been parked at the airport and had a lot of snow on it - plus it was covered with salt (...it's black granite..)

So I said I'd stop by this morning......at dark o'clock.

And there he was -- tucked between an Escalade and a CTS Coupe (he keeps good company...)

I hit the button on the key fob and his eyes lit up.......as if to say:

"...........hello - I am Helios.........your chariot......where shall we go this morning?.........."

He had some ice and snow on him - so we went to the car wash and had it removed - stopped by the gas station to fill him up on 93 octane......one driver of a Silverado came over and asked if he could look him over........said he'd had an 88 IROC convertible that he wishes he still had....

Headed down Mound Road to miss some of the I-75 Traffic -- and interestingly, I had several people in Dodges (The Dodge Warren Truck Plant is on Mound Road) honk their horns - and give me the thumbs up.........

So....Helios is my CTF Camaro Convertible -- 1SS/RS - White with Black and Black - 6.2 with Automatic........not the best picture -- (he looks a bit silver in these...) He's got Pirelli Ice and Snows all around - so he should do just fine on wintry S. E. Michigan roads.............

He awaits his stripes......(orange or black?) - and hopefully he'll meet you at Oshawa in June!

I can hardly wait for the first sunny day.......

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd have to go with black in honor of my 98 Z I lost if I had a white 5th gen. I wanted to put black stripes on the 98 and never did. One day a hydroplaning ride ended that dream.

#30 ·
Nope, it was definitely Helios. If you need proof, you get to shoot him out of the sky and rip his head off in God of War III. :) :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Hmmmmmm......as soon as I have time to drive to Mars for a long weekend......

Thor is all 'snug as a bug in a rug' at "The Lil Weasel from Bakerstown"'s dealership........haven't had him out since Thanksgiving...........

I hope Helios has as much personality as Thor does........ :D

#20 · (Edited)
Black Rallies !!!!!!

Scott dont mind me asking i see you mentioned June in Oshawa will you be there ? If so looking Fwd to seeing you again lol Last time when I saw you for dinner I mean our Business meeting :lol: just before the state fair you didnt have a sharpie to sign my fuse cover when we were looking at my car when the hood was popped. I had it in oshawa last year as you saw that evening maybe this year i will bring it back and see what else can be marked on it lol

Go black Rallies it will match the top and interior :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Great! You deserve it!

#26 ·
That day came !

OMG you got Helios.......

You said you would get him, I just thought you were kidding and giving me a hard time a bought the verts, even tho your words were w/love for the vert :)

That is so great you got him, some day this grass-hopper will get his vert & well have to do that BBQ ;)

Congrats my good man ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#28 ·
I'm still suggesting black (did on the other site too), interesting most over there lean towards IOM stripes and most here are in favor of black.

Just seems black would work with the other colors on the car better, enhance it yet not to overpowering.

Bet you can't wait for a nice warm day to "drop your top"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.