My Convertible; "Almost" and end to the Journey. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

My Convertible; "Almost" an end to the Journey.

To some of you, itís just another car, a vehicle to get you from point A to B, although in what I consider to be a sportier standard than most. To me, itís much more. Itís the accumulation of 5 years of waiting, speculating, saving, defending itís existence to the ďhatersĒ, whining about features or lack there of, jockeying for ordering position, placing a deposit and finally placing the order.

Itís an end to those sleepless nights of wondering if I made the right choice in color, options and model. Did I spend too much on modifications? Will I ever stop going to Camarotracking.com 10 times a day to see if there has been any change in status.

Iím sure there are many of you out there with similar timelines in this never ending saga of the Car buying journey. Well today, and this week brings me to that seemingly elusive TPW date. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel for my journey, along with several other future convertible owners. I know there are ďwaitsĒ ahead, but I will hopefully be able to see, if only in writing, a physical and material reality of my journey thus far. Thanks to the GM team in Oshawa and those who envisioned, planned and brought to reality the 5th generation Camaro Convertible.

Good luck to those who are waiting with me, those who have yet to begin this journey, and those who have finally ended theirs.

Proud owner of Litho #198

Last edited by Pony; 02-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Support MC & Troops

So well spoken my friend, I'm so glad I got to be apart of that journey w/ you.
I have to agree 100% on those "HATERS !" & some of the examples of what we had to endure; if you get a A6 your a girl, verts are for people going through a mid life crisis and so on..., the list could go on for ever but really, "its still a Camaro !" OMG.
I for one will hope some day here soon I will be able to join in all this fun and pain of what you guys/gals have gone through !, much respect goes to the ones who wait passionately for this dream to become a reality "hat's off !", congratulations to you all !,
"Cheers & Big grins !"

Don't forget to take your camera w/ you when you get your new convertible/coupe.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #3 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Congrats Pony! I too have a TPW of 2/7/11. I am getting a coupe though. Maybe the week of (Feb) 7-11 (2011) is our lucky week! Or maybe they are building only Nebraska orders this week . I say who cares what people think, it is your car and you are paying for it. Get what YOU want and don't look back. Mine's an automatic...just what I wanted.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Premium Member

I haven't the slightest clue what mods I'll put on. Still think the Heritage Grill but beyond that, much depends on effect to my warranty. Performance wise a Cold Air Intake seems like the obvious choice once the engine is settled in. Not sure what else....chrome the wheels.... Argh!

Tib

My Camaro History -
'71 Placer/India Gold, Z23
'95 Arctic White, T-tops, LT
'11 Summit White "Trek" 'Vert, 2SS/RS
post #5 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Pony,

I have to agree, my story is similar. I had a 96 in 2001 around the same time I found out they were not making them anymore. This dashed all my hopes of buying a new one. I was in the Army at the time so I left for Korea again and did not need a car. I came back in 2005 and started looking for another Camaro, regardless of the generation. Then the best news of my life, they were going to start the Camaro again. I tried to stay abreast of all the info, get my life back on track after my divorce, get some schooling in, and working full time. Finally picked up my current 2001 Camaro in 2007. For the past four years I have been dreaming, scrimping and saving, making my wish lists, and just basically annoying anyone who would listen to me about my new dream car. Well finally that time is almost upon me. My TPW is 14 Feb 11 so hope to have the car by the end of the month or start of next. After that do some of the initial modifications, take a few weeks off of work to enjoy it and then when I get back all of the folks that I have annoyed over the years that are my great coworkers all get a ride.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM
SS-Eric

Great story!! it wasnt built yesterday, so maybe today is the lucky day!

SS-ERIC
post #7 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Great Story , Its amazing how many people saved to own a New Camaro better yet this New Camaro.

As people told me the wait is worth it 100%. Congrats on the upcoming new Vert and your New Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page