I guess God hates me AND my Camaro Bre-Z (need advice) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

I guess God hates me AND my Camaro Bre-Z (need advice)

First off don't even ask for pics; I don't don't have'm or bear to take'm.

After only having my convertible out of the body shop from her make over (see other Bre-Z thread) she had her first injury. Since it was a nice afternoon, I decided to drive her back to work after lunch. Went inside and a few minutes later; I heard a terrible crashing sound. Went to window and Holy crap the wind blew my boss's deck table and umbrella off her patio deck, over the railing and of course ONTO MY CAR! I about puked right there and then. Went out side, threw a temper tamtrum and removed the items.

She now has several small dents in the left front fender. She (boss) of course feels terrible and immediatly called her business insurance company to get everything taken care of. They proceeded to tell her the it would be classified as "an act of God" (thus the title) and I would probably have to file it under my insurance. It'll get fixed of course, but here's my dilema.

Since I plan on taking her for a 3500 mile road trip to Oshawa this summer, should I go ahead and get her completely fixed now? Or should I wait until after the long road trip and do everything this fall? Only 1 of the dents is really noticable, and might be able to "push it out" a little more before the trip to Oshawa. Just hate the thought of this small dent in her, but maybe waiting until after a potentially damaging road trip to fix her may be smarter

I know it's "only a car" but there was nothing "good" about this Friday

Proud owner of Litho #198

Last edited by Pony; 04-22-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 PM

if you are going to file through your insurance... do it now cause it may not cover it later... you can always file a new claim if something happens on the trip (hope it doesnt though)

We do stuff that makes or check engine lights come on... ~me
post #3 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Garage
I would definitely get it fixed now. Do you have a Dent Wizard (that's what he is called here) there? I had several hail dents on my car and they fixed the dents without any paint or any evidence of ever having any dents .

I know how you feel , I had a brand new Charger R/T a lot of years ago for 2 weeks and some jerk hit me broad side. Good luck with what ever you choose to do .

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.

post #4 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I think I would get it fixed ASAP. I would not be able to sleep untill it was fixed. Man I really feel for ya. I have 7000 in mods waiting for mine and after all that work It would make me sick. Hope you get her fixed soon.
post #5 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 PM

If it was my car, it would already be in the shop! Get it fixed now. At the very least, you should file a claim with your insurance company now. Filing a claim doesn't necessarily mean you have to take immediate action to get it fixed.
post #6 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zslewis View Post
if you are going to file through your insurance... do it now cause it may not cover it later... you can always file a new claim if something happens on the trip (hope it doesnt though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spok View Post
If it was my car, it would already be in the shop! Get it fixed now. At the very least, you should file a claim with your insurance company now. Filing a claim doesn't necessarily mean you have to take immediate action to get it fixed.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm first going to try and file the claims with the business insurance. If they stay true to their original statement of "act of God", my boss may just pay for It directly (she has the means). My insurance company already is aware of the situation, and stated it will be covered one way or another and will not go against my record. It WILL be fixed, just trying to decide to do it now or after the summer driving season. The car will be garaged for the winter months.

Proud owner of Litho #198
post #7 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMe View Post
I would definitely get it fixed now. Do you have a Dent Wizard (that's what he is called here) there? I had several hail dents on my car and they fixed the dents without any paint or any evidence of ever having any dents .

I know how you feel , I had a brand new Charger R/T a lot of years ago for 2 weeks and some jerk hit me broad side. Good luck with what ever you choose to do .
Don't even get me started with "hail damage."

Oddly enough, this car suffered no damage.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #8 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM

@Pony, if you had the luxury to wait I would, but there might be a statute on how long the insurance company would be willing to wait in order to process a claim. Just so that there is no misunderstanding or miscommunication, I would get Bre-Z repaired now.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #9 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Wow!!! So Sorry to hear that, I know I would be Freaking out if something like that happened to mine... If it were me, I would get it Fixed now just in case the Insurance won't later like a few other said... That way when U go to BBOMG U won't be thinking about it and will be able to Have a Great time!!

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #10 of 32 Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Get it fixed as soon as you can, you'll feel better about having it done before Oshawa It sucks to have something like that happen, but after it's all back to new again, I know I felt a lot better, especially the time it didn't come outta my pocket

Sh&t happens, then ya fix it, then wait for the next time, because there's always a next time, especially if ya drive it like it's supposed to be driven Then ya fix it again....

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page