New to Camaro - Question about adding striping - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

New to Camaro - Question about adding striping

I have a '12 Camaro RS convertible - victory red with black top and interior.
I recently saw blue Camaro in my city with the white hood stripes and trunk stripes. These are the wide stripes. The look was awesome. I am wondering if I should add these in black to my car. If so, what is the style or name of the stripes I am seeking?

If not, what striping would you suggest to add to the look of my red/black Camaro vert? Thanks for your advice, information, and suggestions! Happy Mardi Gras!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
It can help to have a picture of what you're looking for. Here's a thread located elsewhere...lol...that has all kinds of great stripe variations. Check it out and once you find what you want...we can tell you where to find them...because different places carry different styles. And keep in mind that many of the stripes you see on Camaros are painted on.

STRIPES discussions/pictures thread - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

And you should definitely go with black.

Last edited by Envy; 02-17-2012 at 10:32 PM.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the link

I believe I prefer what is called the rally stripes -- on hood and trunk - maybe onto spoiler or just on the trunk. I don't want side stripes. I would want rally stripes in black. Any suggestions on where to look/buy/have installed? price? Thanks! Happy Mardi Gras!

post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
You can get the OEM 5th Gen rally stripes added at any dealership. And I know you want black...but here's an FYI...there's matte black, gloss black metallic black and several other subtle finish variations. Personally I think the matte black would look best with the soft top...but only you can decide.

There's also all kinds of rally stripe variations available at sites like the ones below...but then you have to get them applied...unless you're feeling brave.

Big Worm Motorsports Vinyl Graphics

RiderGraphix.com 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Stripes 2009 Dodge Challenger Graphics Dodge Charger Graphics Ford Mustang Graphics Chevy Silverado Graphics Retro Custom Graphics Stripes Decals Boss Hockey Stick HEMI
post #5 of 6 Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

I think I will hold off on the striping for now. I can't decide what color and am not sure I want the stripes after careful consideration. I do think something along the sides of the car -- whether a simple black pin stripe along the top line of the side body or something bolder along the bottom doors from wheel to wheel -- might add to the car.

What about the chrome look door sills for the interior? Do these add to the interior, in your opinion? Anything else I might need to consider? Thanks again!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-25-2012, 06:10 AM

It's always hard to decide on stripping, and it always boils down to what YOU like. Vinyl has the advantage of removing if you don't like it, BUT if you ever decide for sure, having them painted on is the way to go. It also gives you the option of doing some ghosting of the stripes.

On issue #2, you're either a chrome guy or not. I personally like the chrome look on most everthing inside and out. Good luck on your customizations.

Proud owner of Litho #198
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page