Suggestions - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Suggestions

So I am in need of some help. When I get home from Afgainistan here later this summer, The wife is allowing me to buy A 45th aniv. 2ss vert with a 6M. She is giving me 5000 to spend also on what ever i want. I figured why not spend it on the vert. I am not wanting to do anything too major as i am not goin to be racing, and this is me and the wifes crusing car. I can't do anything too crazy, as my wife has MS and in a wheel chair. But I thought i would run it buy the "experts" on here and see what i come up with

Cheers

to Err is human, to blame someone else shows good managemt skills

06 Ponitac g6 gt
2010 Ram2500 Megacab Cummins
2010 Suburban LTZ
2012 Camaro 45th Aniv. Vert (Very shortley)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Being its a 45th annv.
I would keep it stock (just my opinion though) use the money for the down payment... Once you start modding its hard to stop

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM

Unless you REALLY want a 45th addition Vert; I'd buy a nice 2SS in whatever color you wanted, and use the money for "pretty's". (wheels, custom color interior, engine dress-ups, etc.) A 2SS will cost you less up front as well.

If you really want a 45th, then either leave it bone stock OR some minor mods like exhaust, CAI, Sways.

Either way, it YOUR decision in the end!

Proud owner of Litho #198

post #4 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Ok i want the 45th cause i like the color, and i am with you on no apperance mods, exhaust cai and a tuner is kinda what i had in mind. This was all sprung on me last night and i have been thinking about it, but it's all overwhelming to be truthful, cause I never thought she would give me the green light to do this, so i haven't been keeping up on upgrades and stuff. So i have no idea which CAI is better, or what exhaust will fit a vert, or which ones sound good with not much drone

06 Ponitac g6 gt
2010 Suburban LTZ
post #5 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer505 View Post
Ok i want the 45th cause i like the color, and i am with you on no apperance mods, exhaust cai and a tuner is kinda what i had in mind. This was all sprung on me last night and i have been thinking about it, but it's all overwhelming to be truthful, cause I never thought she would give me the green light to do this, so i haven't been keeping up on upgrades and stuff. So i have no idea which CAI is better, or what exhaust will fit a vert, or which ones sound good with not much drone
Well, if that's the case, I have a Solo performance axle back J-pipe (No drone) and the CAI inc Cold air inductions. There is a thread about the CAI being one of, if not, the best in performance, and I personally think it looks the best. Mine has the gasket instead of the glass top because it mates to the ram air hood.

There is also a thread here about the exhaust I have

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ca...nvertible.html

Can't give any advice on a tune other than it'll void the warranty if this concerns you. A ported Throttle body may also be an easy upgrade and has been reported to help in throttle responses.

post #6 of 12 Old 04-05-2012, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

So excuse my ingorance but i didn't think a hand held tunner would voild the warrenty, as long as you could put the factory setting back in. Also, never heard of a j pipe axle back. Is is hard to put in, and does it add back pressure, cause it seems like it would. I can't watch the vids or look at some of the pic's cause i am at work. So i will check it out when i get back to my room

06 Ponitac g6 gt
2010 Suburban LTZ
post #7 of 12 Old 04-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Support MC & Troops

PM.. Pony if he doesn't respond in the next day or so, he's a busy man and always helpful when he can be, Smart man too

Sweet Camaro your getting, I luv 45th AE's "AWESOME VERT !!"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #8 of 12 Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer505 View Post
So excuse my ingorance but i didn't think a hand held tunner would voild the warrenty, as long as you could put the factory setting back in. Also, never heard of a j pipe axle back. Is is hard to put in, and does it add back pressure, cause it seems like it would. I can't watch the vids or look at some of the pic's cause i am at work. So i will check it out when i get back to my room
A tune WILL void your warranty if it's related to the drive train. It's been proven that there is no way to hide a tune on the Camaro, even if you put it back to factory. If it's unrelated to the tune, e.g. the headlight goes out, you might/should be OK as long as your service center aren't dicks.

The J-pipe is basically a straight pipe that incorporates a "J" shaped off shoot that dampens the sound at low throttle throught sound wave cancellation, but sounds **** good when you accelerate/decelerate. GM does something like it, only it's hidden inside the Trash cans attached to the factory exhaust. Do a search for J-pipe or Hemholtze.

post #9 of 12 Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Sweet. I think that is what i might go with. And good to know about the tune. The only other thing i might do is Ambient Lighting in the footwells and cup holders

06 Ponitac g6 gt
2010 Suburban LTZ
post #10 of 12 Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 AM

Garage
I think that the exhaust is the best mod that can be done to our cars. And on a convertible?.....your "perma-grin" may well wrap around your head.

K&N Typhoon CAI * Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust * Hurst Short Throw Shifter * Black Phantom Grille * Pioneer AVH-P8400BH - Scosche Dash Kit - Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP, T400-4, T1D215, T1692, T2652-S - SubThump 15" Camaro box - Dynamat Extreme - Stinger & Kicker RCA's - Monster, Tsunami, Streetwires, Scosche, and Kicker wiring - Stinger Distribution blocks - Tsunami Breakers - Tsunami and Rockford Fosgate set screw terminals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page