Top Recall - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Top Recall

I know its been discussed by some about a top recall. I had the recall done last week and the only issue I have had with my top since buying mine was a seal didnt seam to go back in place after putting top back up. I was wondering if those that have had numerous complaints with their tops have had this done yet and has it resolved your issue (it did mine)?
Also was wondering if those with the most problems did you leave your tops down alot while parked in your garage or not?

2011 2SS/RS Convertable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctaylormade View Post
I know its been discussed by some about a top recall. I had the recall done last week and the only issue I have had with my top since buying mine was a seal didnt seam to go back in place after putting top back up. I was wondering if those that have had numerous complaints with their tops have had this done yet and has it resolved your issue (it did mine)?
Also was wondering if those with the most problems did you leave your tops down alot while parked in your garage or not?
Have had mine for over a year now , I don't leave the top down when she's parked with the exception of the gas station but do take the top down any day the weather permits sometimes 6 days a week. I have had the recall done which seems to have stopped the wet floor board stuff but the wear stop above the passenger window is getting worse by the day. It may be that once it hits a certain wear point the recall measures couldn't stop it. A few weeks ago the dealer agreed to replace the top and says it's on order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-12-2012 021.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	13943  
post #3 of 72 Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Support MC & Troops

Keep us updated w/what you find out.. if you would "thx !"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

post #4 of 72 Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
2016 Camaro 1SS

Fingers crossed for you all
post #5 of 72 Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Premium Member

Went into Chevrolet of Puyallup today to follow up on the 'repair' from the TSB. A wire was now sticking out from the side and wind noise had gotten worse. To my surprise both dept. managers met me at the door and immediately started inspecting the top. By the time they were done they were fuming at the situation. They started a mind meld of ideas on how to approach both GM and resolving the problem. They were excited to hear (from me) that GM had a new mechanism for future Camaro production and immediately went about finding out about it. To nobody's surprise GM has been pretty mum to their dealers on the subject. Interestingly enough Brandon (of C5's GM Customer Service Rep fame) had contacted them and urged some action...though to be honest I don't feel that these guys needed much urging! In any case, I'll keep you guys updated on what happens next. The plan for now is to fix the current top with the ultimate goal of replacing it with the new top/mechanism down the line. As things stand right now, I'm pretty optimistic. Far more than I expected at this stage of the game!

My Camaro History -
'71 Placer/India Gold, Z23
'95 Arctic White, T-tops, LT
'11 Summit White "Trek" 'Vert, 2SS/RS
post #6 of 72 Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I hope everything gets done right eventually Tib. And it's really great to hear that the dealership is behind you and your car.
post #7 of 72 Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Support MC & Troops

Thx tib.. keep us updated on what you find out & what they do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #8 of 72 Old 06-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Premium Member

Well, I hope I have given the dealership enough time to figure out how to do the repair. I have an appt. for tomorrow.... I don't want them to touch ANYTHING else. I guess we will see.....
E

post #9 of 72 Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Just got mine back from the dealer and noticed more wind noise as I was driving . My wife comments that she can see something flapping in the wind above the passengers side rear window. When we stopped I found that the rubber seal didnt seam back into the channel above the rear window. I could see a small diamater stainless cable showing. I seamed it back in and I will be watching it the next time I drive it.

Last edited by Steveb; 09-01-2015 at 04:54 AM.
post #10 of 72 Old 06-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Sorry to hear that steveB. It looks like poor workmanship is a common problem. I am very reluctant to take mine in for that exact reason.

2012 1LT/RS AGM convertible M6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page