Drivers floorboard getting wet - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Drivers floorboard getting wet

Just FYI not a complaint. The dealer replace my top a few months ago and I am now finding moisture under the drivers floormat. Not soaked but damp to the touch. Anyone else here have the dealer replace their top?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckduck View Post
Just FYI not a complaint. The dealer replace my top a few months ago and I am now finding moisture under the drivers floormat. Not soaked but damp to the touch. Anyone else here have the dealer replace their top?

Try putting up your top!....Just Joking!
post #3 of 12 Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Get back to the dealer. You don't want your carpet getting stinky or your floor pan rotting out.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 12 Old 10-06-2012, 05:08 PM

My first question would be "is this the ONLY place that is wet"? Check the rear, as this is a known problem IF the water management bag has been damaged during the top replacement OR the drain tubes are not "seated" correctly. Definitly get it back to have it checked.

Proud owner of Litho #198
post #5 of 12 Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM

Perhaps your floorboards are wet because you are driving your corvette too fast. get it?
post #6 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Support MC & Troops

I'd go with what Pony.. said... take it in tho... the more people that have this problem.. GM will have to get it fixed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 12 Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
My first question would be "is this the ONLY place that is wet"? Check the rear, as this is a known problem IF the water management bag has been damaged during the top replacement OR the drain tubes are not "seated" correctly. Definitley get it back to have it checked.
Water in the floor pans is a KNOWN Problem, YIKES.....
So I open my wifes 2011 convertible last night to grab something out the back and the rear passenger floor pan has about a 1/2 inch of water in it and Im thinking WTF.
We had been a way for the weekend, no one drove it and it was all closed up. There had been some heavy rain two nights ago in Toronto. But where is the water coming in????? I double checked the windows and they were all the way up.
drain tubes - OK I get that but the water management bag? the top is original.

I'll call a Dealer but is this covered under warranty.

Do they have an outstanding problem number on this?
The car is a 2011 and has only 45000KM (Canada Eh). Summer driven, stored during the Winters in the Great White North.

Any feedback is appreciated.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 PM

Garage
Further to that water issue. After looking up what a water management bag is for a Camaro, I partially retracted the roof and there is still about an inch of water in the bag.
So I booked an appointment at the dealer.
i also see that some people get the old bag replaced due to a flap that might let water in. Seems like a big job from the pictures I saw.
I am going to ask them if they can check and unplug the drain holes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
post #9 of 12 Old 12-04-2014, 03:02 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie-jo View Post
Further to that water issue. After looking up what a water management bag is for a Camaro, I partially retracted the roof and there is still about an inch of water in the bag.
So I booked an appointment at the dealer.
i also see that some people get the old bag replaced due to a flap that might let water in. Seems like a big job from the pictures I saw.
I am going to ask them if they can check and unplug the drain holes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
My vert had about an inch or more of standing water in the backseat. I would have never known if my jacket wouldn't have fell onto the floor. It was so wet that I had to literally ring the water out of it! So my car has been in the shop for another 4 weeks no...trying to rectify the issue. They say the water bag was punctured whenever the top was replaced, so there is no telling how long the water has been wreaking havok on my carpet! Thankfully the dealer is being moe than helpful in fixin the problem. Thy have taken all of the seats out of my car and either cleaned or replaced the carpet. At first they were sent a repair kit to fix the bag, but it didn't work, so now I'm waiting on a brand new bag I guess.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-04-2014, 03:39 AM

Garage
You transporting a pee pee dog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page