Broken Convertible !!!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Broken Convertible !!!!!

Ok so my dealer has had my car now for 7 days beacuse of waiting on parts , really !!!!! But the good news is that I went to visit her last night and she is almost done !!!!!! Last week I was at a car show with the top down all day everything was good , then go to put the top back up and POP !!!!! goes the top . The dealer had to send my car 22 miles down the road because they do not fix convertable tops . The bar that goes on the back side of the top that helps seal the top to the back bent, thats right it bent by me just putting the top up it got bent. Yes chevy knows that they have a problem with this and have corrected the issue with a new and stronger design . However it still does not change the fact that I do not have my car . See pictures below of damage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0064.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	14892   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0070.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	14893   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0072.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	14894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0073.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	14895  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Supporter of common sense

Bummer. Good news is they are all over it Hope you get it back soon

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 28 Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Support MC & Troops

Glad to hear their on top of this... things happen.. sucks it happened to you.. but it shouldn't happen again

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

post #4 of 28 Old 10-21-2012, 03:00 PM

that's why you have a warranty, and IMO if you got a rental then what's the big deal.

Dealer had my convertible for 5 days last week for similar issues. though not as bad as yours.

I got a rental at no charge, so no big deal for me, didn't cost me anything out of pocket, so let them keep it 7 months if thats what it takes to fix it right.

My last car was a Chrysler 300c in 6 years of ownership it spent 22 months (yes you read that right) at the dealer, not all at one time, the longest was 3 months getting a new motor and transmission under warranty.

Since I had a rental every time and no out of pocket I didn't care.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 10-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
post #5 of 28 Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Garage
WOW, have not seen this happen to anyone until now. I have the same 45th addition Convertible and purchased it 4/11/12. Have had NO problems so far. I will have to take a closer look at my top next time I put it down and back up. I will just look and see if I can perhap catch a problem before it happens. Think that makes sense. Anyway sorry to hear about your deal and I hope you are well taken care of by your dealer.
Michael down here in South Boston, VA

:
post #6 of 28 Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM

There is nothing you can do to prevent the 5th bow disease; when it goes, it goes. My vert was out for 2 months while they placed the 5th bow and the top for the rubs and holes. And YES, it is a big deal that a car is out for any period of time, especially when you only drive it in the summer months.

Proud owner of Litho #198
post #7 of 28 Old 10-23-2012, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

OK here's the update , car is fixed seems to be pretty good . No issues so far keeping fingers crossed !!!! Also found out a new problem that Chevy cannot solve my dash is bubbling right above the radio ???? GM says they know about the issue but do not have a fix yet .
post #8 of 28 Old 10-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
that's why you have a warranty, and IMO if you got a rental then what's the big deal.

Dealer had my convertible for 5 days last week for similar issues. though not as bas as yours.

I got a rental at no charge, so no big deal for me, didn't cost me anything out of pocket, so let them keep it 7 months if thats what it takes to fix it right.

My last car was a Chrysler 300c in 6 years of ownership it spent 22 months (yes you read that right) at the dealer, not all at one time, the longest was 3 months getting a new motor and transmission under warranty.

Since I had a rental every time and no out of pocket I didn't care.
Out of service almost 2 out of 6 years has obviously instilled patience in you that Job would envy. Replacing a $40k car with a $20k rental car for extended periods is not a "I don't care situation" for most people. I guess the plus side would be that one would keep the miles low on the pos, which is nice.
post #9 of 28 Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Support MC & Troops

Thx much for the update... sad to hear of the bubbling above the radio... thats weird !!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 28 Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

GM says they know about the issue alot 2012 have this problem but they do not have a fix yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page