I'm new to the forum and these vehicles in general, however, my gorgeous and fabulous girlfriend is serious about getting one, and I am trying to learn all about them so I can help acquire, outfit and enjoy her soon to be new ride.
I am going to reference 2013 models and options and I am looking to learn if these same colors, options and configuration is available in a 2011 or 2012 model. I would like to apologize if I am speaking out of turn or just appear foolish or ignorant, as I am still learning
After looking over the Chevy page and actually visiting a few dealers I have the following understanding:
She wants a Convertible, and she has no want for anything over the V6 (regardless of how often I explain how awesome horsepower is). So that being said, she also would prefer cloth interior because our furkids are big riders and Blondes + Yorkies + Convertible muscle cars is evidently shamazing.
Starting with these factors and looking into other items, the following has come to light.
2013 Chevy Camaro Convertible, 1LT
Automatic Transmission Prefered ()
Black / Grey Sport Cloth Seats
MyLink Touch Screen thingie (XM radio [Just the Trial], Onstar [Just the Trial], and Nav)
--Considering Rear Vision Package
Crystal Red Tintcoat (preferred for her Alabama sports fetish) or Ashen Gray Metallic
So here is where some of my questioning begins
- What all does the RS package add?
- What or how hard is it to get the 4 gauge cluster option on the above model?
- Planned phone to integrate at this time is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, are their any known issues with a first model Note smartphone?
- Does the USB port for music that supports phones, MP3 players, and Flash Drives also Playstation Vitas?
- How is the Windscreen / Air Diffuser?
- Does anyone have evening pictures of the "Footwell / Cupholder" lighting system? (wondering if it is superior to installed LED systems, or the same for the price.
- How easy is it to route a USB cable out of the glove box area that is included as an option? (previous vehicles I have owned usually damaged the Aux / USB cables if you didnt leave the items in the box proper)
- Is it really necessary to spend the 15 bucks for a front license plate?
Now some "mod" or aftermarket questions
- Anyone here using GloRyders, and do you like the effect and overall look of those?
- Obviously via sig pics there are people out there using LED lighting in various places on your camaro's, have you seen any issues or concerns with these systems? Is your "backbone for electrical support to the LED systems fairly simple and / or addition of switches for them?
I know this is a lot to just throw out there, but I basically want to know what I am getting into, and I want to be able to maybe make all this happen so that she can just walk out to the garage one day to go to work and the camaro be there waiting on her, with some extra-awesome installed.
I look forward to talking with you all on this topic and more in the future to learn as much as I can about the 5th generation camaro world.