Some Questions! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
zrc

Some Questions!

Good Afternoon!

I'm new to the forum and these vehicles in general, however, my gorgeous and fabulous girlfriend is serious about getting one, and I am trying to learn all about them so I can help acquire, outfit and enjoy her soon to be new ride.

I am going to reference 2013 models and options and I am looking to learn if these same colors, options and configuration is available in a 2011 or 2012 model. I would like to apologize if I am speaking out of turn or just appear foolish or ignorant, as I am still learning

After looking over the Chevy page and actually visiting a few dealers I have the following understanding:

She wants a Convertible, and she has no want for anything over the V6 (regardless of how often I explain how awesome horsepower is). So that being said, she also would prefer cloth interior because our furkids are big riders and Blondes + Yorkies + Convertible muscle cars is evidently shamazing.

Starting with these factors and looking into other items, the following has come to light.

2013 Chevy Camaro Convertible, 1LT
Automatic Transmission Prefered ()
Black / Grey Sport Cloth Seats
MyLink Touch Screen thingie (XM radio [Just the Trial], Onstar [Just the Trial], and Nav)
--Considering Rear Vision Package
Crystal Red Tintcoat (preferred for her Alabama sports fetish) or Ashen Gray Metallic
Black Top

So here is where some of my questioning begins
  1. What all does the RS package add?
  2. What or how hard is it to get the 4 gauge cluster option on the above model?
  3. Planned phone to integrate at this time is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, are their any known issues with a first model Note smartphone?
  4. Does the USB port for music that supports phones, MP3 players, and Flash Drives also Playstation Vitas?
  5. How is the Windscreen / Air Diffuser?
  6. Does anyone have evening pictures of the "Footwell / Cupholder" lighting system? (wondering if it is superior to installed LED systems, or the same for the price.
  7. How easy is it to route a USB cable out of the glove box area that is included as an option? (previous vehicles I have owned usually damaged the Aux / USB cables if you didnt leave the items in the box proper)
  8. Is it really necessary to spend the 15 bucks for a front license plate?
Now some "mod" or aftermarket questions
  1. Anyone here using GloRyders, and do you like the effect and overall look of those?
  2. Obviously via sig pics there are people out there using LED lighting in various places on your camaro's, have you seen any issues or concerns with these systems? Is your "backbone for electrical support to the LED systems fairly simple and / or addition of switches for them?
I know this is a lot to just throw out there, but I basically want to know what I am getting into, and I want to be able to maybe make all this happen so that she can just walk out to the garage one day to go to work and the camaro be there waiting on her, with some extra-awesome installed.

I look forward to talking with you all on this topic and more in the future to learn as much as I can about the 5th generation camaro world.

Thanks!
Tito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I've been breeding and showing dogs my entire life...mostly Maltese and Greyhounds but some Shih Tzus and Yorkies too...and I can't get past the first statement. Why would anyone who wants to put dogs in their car prefer a cloth interior? Dog hair WILL NOT stick to leather, nor will it stain like cloth. The only issue with leather at all is a dog's nails and that a very easy fix by keeping them clipped regularly.
post #3 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Oops...here's an answer to the other questions...

1. It adds 20" painted, staggered wheels, a spoiler, those beautiful HID headlights with integrated halos and the roof ditch moldings will be painted instead of black rubber.
2. It's an easy upgrade that anyone can install themselves...a new set of gauges ranges in price from $350-$450.
3. Not heard of any issues but I have an iPhone so not my area of expertise.
4. No clue on this one...don't even know what your talking about.
5. No convertible here so I'm no help.
6. That lighting system was not available in a 2010...so no I don't.
7. Why wouldn't you leave it in the console because you can control it with the radio controls?
8. A front license plate is required in my state but I've been running without one for 2 1/2 years and never been pulled over even though I live 1/2 from the North Dallas station and pass several cops EVERY TIME I drive my Camaro.

I have the Boston Acoustics Stereo upgrade and it's worth the extra money so talk her into that one. BTW...I have a V6 too and you will be more than pleasantly surprised by the hp it has. And I think your girlfriend is very smart because buying that V6...she will save money on gas and insurance not to mention helping our planet.

Last edited by Envy; 10-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.

post #4 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

People are having all kinds of issues with the Vert? Have they corrected the issues on the 13?

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #5 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Cupholder lighting

Both footwell and cupholder lighting is fairly simple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CUPHOLDER.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	14969  

CATCH THE FEVER...TYPHOID FEVER!
post #6 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM

There is no point to buying a v6 when they are pretty close to the same price as a SS.......

Custom installer 25 years in the game............ owner of Voo Doo Customs
post #7 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdogger View Post
There is no point to buying a v6 when they are pretty close to the same price as a SS.......
That's the most ignorant statement I've ever heard. Pretty close to the same price?!?

1LT- $26,660
1SS- $33,535
2LT- $29,585
2SS- $37,035

Those are base prices, taken directly off of Chevrolet's website. Now, I'm no Math Major, but those aren't "pretty close to the same price" in my book. Not only that, but the V6 can get up to 30 Miles Per Gallon AND run on 87 Octane. The SS has to run on 91 Octane or higher and only gets 24 MPG. On top of that, the insurance premium difference between the V6 and the SS....

Add all that up.... Yup, I completely see where you helped the OP out and stated the obvious- They are pretty close to the same price.
post #8 of 29 Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hello from Alabama and welcome to . You can gain a lot of in sight on this site.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 29 Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdogger View Post
Since when? Besides the price different...using regular gas and saving on your monthly insurance bill are both pretty good points to me.
post #10 of 29 Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
zrc

I will discuss the Leather situation, and thanks for the input, I personally have never owned a car with leather interior to my knowledge, but I think she has (??), and I will pass on your thoughts to her.

Also I responded below and I appreciate your help! I am really looking forward to working on a new project with her and helping her to have the car she has always wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Oops...here's an answer to the other questions...

1. It adds 20" painted, staggered wheels, a spoiler, those beautiful HID headlights with integrated halos and the roof ditch moldings will be painted instead of black rubber. [Cool thanks for the clarification]
2. It's an easy upgrade that anyone can install themselves...a new set of gauges ranges in price from $350-$450. [Awesome, I have become more adept here and this will be something even I can do ]
3. Not heard of any issues but I have an iPhone so not my area of expertise. [Thanks for the heads up]
4. No clue on this one...don't even know what your talking about. [There is a USB port option in the 2013, perhaps it wasnt there in the earlier models]
5. No convertible here so I'm no help. [Appreciate all help ]
6. That lighting system was not available in a 2010...so no I don't. [Good information about previous models]
7. Why wouldn't you leave it in the console because you can control it with the radio controls? [Perhaps this is how the USB port works, and if so, I would not have to route it out, and that would be fabulous my main question was regarding if I wanted to mount the phone outside that cubby and still USB charge it (like on a RAM mount)]
8. A front license plate is required in my state but I've been running without one for 2 1/2 years and never been pulled over even though I live 1/2 from the North Dallas station and pass several cops EVERY TIME I drive my Camaro. [Fantastic]

I have the Boston Acoustics Stereo upgrade and it's worth the extra money so talk her into that one. BTW...I have a V6 too and you will be more than pleasantly surprised by the hp it has. [After futher reading, I believe you are correct] And I think your girlfriend is very smart because buying that V6...she will save money on gas and insurance not to mention helping our planet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page