Wear mark above pass. window is back - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chuckduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 220
 
Wear mark above pass. window is back

It was almost worn through so the dealer replaced the top but now I can see it again from the outside and if I feel the underside of the top it has worn almost through. Any one else have wear problems after the top was replaced? Here is what it looked like before the top was replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-12-2012 017.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	15741   Click image for larger version

Name:	6-12-2012 024.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	15742  
Chuckduck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Member
 
javi05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 394
 
WOW.. im just about to take my car in this afternoon.. for this same reason... man i hope it doesnt come back after its fixed,

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
javi05 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chuckduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
WOW.. im just about to take my car in this afternoon.. for this same reason... man i hope it doesnt come back after its fixed,
The original top was on 14 months(of me owning it from new) The second top has only been on since July but the wear hasn't progressed as far so I'm guessing it will last the same 14 months. I do top down twice a day on any weather permitting day so my usage is high.
Chuckduck is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 351
 
That sucks....

Kind of the same thing with mine; top replaced along with the 5th bow, and now there is wear marks in the underside. The outside looks good, but I doubt there is more than 2 months and 20 cycles since it went into storage. I would start begging for a extended warranty so you have a little piece of mind, and YES they are giving extended warranties.

__________________
2011 2ss/RS Black over RJT Convertible-Bre-Z
Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/CamaroCX3Cover
[IMG][/IMG]
Proud owner of Litho #198
Pony is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Member
 
ctinatx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 209
 
I had my top replaced once because of that issue and it's showing up again on the passenger side.

2011 2SS/RS Convertible IBM/gray interior/black top/silver rally/L99/polished wheels - ordered 11/18/2010 - Built 02/09/2011- Delivered 4/2/2011
Vented Fenders | Z T/A spoiler | T3 ports | Eagle T3 DRL | T4 Splitter | Havoc diffuser | GM GFX side skirts | 3D carbon rear side skirts
ctinatx is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chuckduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
That sucks....

Kind of the same thing with mine; top replaced along with the 5th bow, and now there is wear marks in the underside. The outside looks good, but I doubt there is more than 2 months and 20 cycles since it went into storage. I would start begging for a extended warranty so you have a little piece of mind, and YES they are giving extended warranties.
Do you mean a typical extended warrantee or something special they are offering? Can you give us the details?
Chuckduck is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Member
 
Chevy Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 383
        
I am sorry to hear of the top issues that some of you are having. Please keep us updated on your service at the dealership.

In regards to an extended warranty, your dealership can go through that information with you in detail. Make sure to get something set up before your bumper to bumper warranty expires if that is what you're interested in. Feel free to contact me directly with any further questions or concerns.

Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance



Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Chevy Customer Service is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Member
 
javi05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 394
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
I am sorry to hear of the top issues that some of you are having. Please keep us updated on your service at the dealership.

In regards to an extended warranty, your dealership can go through that information with you in detail. Make sure to get something set up before your bumper to bumper warranty expires if that is what you're interested in. Feel free to contact me directly with any further questions or concerns.

Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
I dropped my car off last night.. the service guy said my car had the top upgrades done before i bought it.. the car had 100 miles.. so if this has been fixed before why is it back?? what is the fix? he tried to say something like maybe these marks happened before the fix?? if so why didnt they replace the top?? 40k car and it has wear marks on the top that will everntually tear threw.??? i told him no sir because i had the top down the day before for about 12+ hours.. when i put the top back up the marks were worse, thats why i took it in..

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
javi05 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Member
 
Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 351
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckduck View Post
Do you mean a typical extended warrantee or something special they are offering? Can you give us the details?
This offer will have to be initiated by a Tier II GM regional customer support specialist, so the first people you talk to at the GM Customer support will most likely not be able to help, BUT they can escalate (sp) to the tier II people e.g. Ashley or Brandon on this forum can get the ball rolling . I had holes in the top as well as a broken 5th bow and multiple trips for problems after the fix. I was worried about the long term problems and specifically asked for a extended warranty on the top as the standard GM extended warranties DO NOT cover the top. The warranty was well beyond the 3/36
PM for specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
I dropped my car off last night.. the service guy said my car had the top upgrades done before i bought it.. the car had 100 miles.. so if this has been fixed before why is it back?? what is the fix? he tried to say something like maybe these marks happened before the fix?? if so why didnt they replace the top?? 40k car and it has wear marks on the top that will everntually tear threw.??? i told him no sir because i had the top down the day before for about 12+ hours.. when i put the top back up the marks were worse, thats why i took it in..
Some wrinkle marks are normal, but the holes they start to produce is the real problem as well as the infamous 5 bow disease.

__________________
2011 2ss/RS Black over RJT Convertible-Bre-Z
Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/CamaroCX3Cover
[IMG][/IMG]
Proud owner of Litho #198
Pony is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Member
 
javi05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 394
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
This offer will have to be initiated by a Tier II GM regional customer support specialist, so the first people you talk to at the GM Customer support will most likely not be able to help, BUT they can escalate (sp) to the tier II people e.g. Ashley or Brandon on this forum can get the ball rolling . I had holes in the top as well as a broken 5th bow and multiple trips for problems after the fix. I was worried about the long term problems and specifically asked for a extended warranty on the top as the standard GM extended warranties DO NOT cover the top. The warranty was well beyond the 3/36
PM for specifics.



Some wrinkle marks are normal, but the holes they start to produce is the real problem as well as the infamous 5 bow disease.
wrinkle marks ok.. they go away.. the rub marks do not and is getting worse..

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
javi05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome