Rear windows not lowering - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Rear windows not lowering

My 2011 Vert has been in the shop for two weeks now getting the rear windows fixed. They would not lower by the toggle switch but I could get them down by lowering the convertible top. Dealer thought he had it fixed but one side keeps going out. They odered the part(s) but I was told they didn't get the right part then the right part had a defect so they are reordering. Starting to feel like they are in uncharted territory, any one else have this issue? what was the fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 PM

I just realized I have the same problem! The rear window won't got down. But then, my 2010 2SS is a hard top!
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM

Chuckduck & Spok,

I am sorry to hear about the concern you are having with your rear windows. Please keep us updated on this issue and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST

post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
My guess would be a wire short, if switch keeps going out, or a bad window motor.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #5 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Make sure when they replaced your top, they did not get the moulding above the rear window messed up or "crimped". When mine was done, same thing, window wouldn't go down, BUT it was because it was misaligned in the channel and "pinched". If you "raise" the top, the moulding/channel pulls away from the top allowing the window to go down. I know this sounds simple, but I too thought my window switch/motor was faulty when it was actually the pinched window.

Proud owner of Litho #198
post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Make sure when they replaced your top, they did not get the moulding above the rear window messed up or "crimped". When mine was done, same thing, window wouldn't go down, BUT it was because it was misaligned in the channel and "pinched". If you "raise" the top, the moulding/channel pulls away from the top allowing the window to go down. I know this sounds simple, but I too thought my window switch/motor was faulty when it was actually the pinched window.
This might be the issue it seems like I could hear it trying to move but then it gave up. I'll run it by the dealer. It may have been a coincidence but I had a roof leak and the day the windows stopped working there was heavy condensation inside the car making me think it was a short of some kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page