CONVERTEBLE PROBLEMS AGAIN!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

CONVERTEBLE PROBLEMS AGAIN!!!

so we got hit with some good rain saturday.. car leaked.. rear floor boards wet... it started to leak where the top meets windshelid frame steady drip from there..

i am really pissed now.. car has been for a new top, adjustments and all other sorts of problems.. this will be the forth time in. the wear marks are not there anymore but it leaks.. now my carpet is wet and kinda smells, buy back>?? i just cant keep having to take it back.. lemon>?? i love this car i dont want another one... what should i do now?? thanks,.

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

So I figured the carpet doesn't get soaking wet, but maybe moist on top like to the touch.. But also smells like wet carpet.. So some how that moister is staying inside the car.. So I put a sprinkler on top on the car ran it slow and low like a rain shower.. For 30 mins. The Carpet is bone dry... Drove around came back and parked it.. Put the top down 3/4 way to see the management bag it seems water doesn't fully drain out and leaves some puddled at the bottom.. Some sort of brown algae has formed so I know it's getting stuck there which is causing the moister inside the car??? What y'all think?? That's what I'm saying in the morning to dealer

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

post #3 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM

Take it back and insist they make it right. If you dont get the answers you like then its time to call GM!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

post #4 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Premium Member

Mention to the service manager that your kids have asthma and your worried about the mold....... No BS I went to the emergency rm twice in 2010 from mold poison. It's no joke. You need to get their attention.
Good luck.........
E

post #5 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
so we got hit with some good rain saturday.. car leaked.. rear floor boards wet... it started to leak where the top meets windshelid frame steady drip from there..

i am really pissed now.. car has been for a new top, adjustments and all other sorts of problems.. this will be the forth time in. the wear marks are not there anymore but it leaks.. now my carpet is wet and kinda smells, buy back>?? i just cant keep having to take it back.. lemon>?? i love this car i dont want another one... what should i do now?? thanks,.
Hello javi05,

It appears you have been experiencing the same issue with your convertible top and I want to apologize for the frustrations your having. I would like to get involved and investigate this issue further for you. Could you please private message me your full name, number, address with zip, VIN and accurate vehicle mileage? Also send your involved dealers information as well. I will look into this for you and update you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #6 of 35 Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Garage
I love my 2012 Convertible that I bought 4/11/12 & today was the last day for this dealership. They closed the doors after 79 years here as I recall reading somewhere. At 68 this is probably my last car in this life since I have the 80 Caballero that I show. Some don't know, its just like the El Camino except made by GMC. I never knew this either until I saw the BIG GMC sign on the car. Anyway no problems with rain, etc so far. Michael in Virginia

:
post #7 of 35 Old 05-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Sounds like the imfamous Water (Mis)mangagment bag problem. This is a KNOWN problem and the WMB was redesigned because of leakage and failures.

Proud owner of Litho #198
post #8 of 35 Old 05-04-2013, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Getting a new water management system put in and some "other" adjustments also carpet either new or cleaned hopefully new Lets see how this goes

post #9 of 35 Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
Getting a new water management system put in and some "other" adjustments also carpet either new or cleaned hopefully new Lets see how this goes
Good luck Javi...will they do anything about the wet carpet?

2012 1LT/RS AGM convertible M6

post #10 of 35 Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

so the service tech says i will lose trunk space with this new water managment bag system.. ???? im like i shouldnt!!??? what is he talking about?? anyone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page