Does ANYONE have a convertible with a High Wing Spoiler? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Does ANYONE have a convertible with a High Wing Spoiler?

Just wondering if anyone has a convertible with a high wing spoiler? If so, can you please post pictures?
I am contemplating on doing this and can not picture what it looks like.
Thank you.

Semper Fi!

2013 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS Manual Trans NPP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-08-2014, 04:46 AM
Support MC & Troops

I think you'll be the first, that I've seen.. not saying it hasn't been done tho.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #3 of 9 Old 01-08-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSker View Post
Just wondering if anyone has a convertible with a high wing spoiler? If so, can you please post pictures?
I am contemplating on doing this and can not picture what it looks like.
Thank you.
Not my car, but here you go. I am not a fan of high spoilers on muscle, unless your car goes so fast that no one can say ****.

2011 2LT Coupe: BBK LT Headers w/ HF Cats. BBK CAI. AirAid TBS. Cat-Back Custom 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe and Pacesetter TFX Mufflers. Aggresive Trifecta 93 Octane Tune w/ Ghost Cam. 18" Advanti Summer Wheels and OEM 18" Stock Winter Wheels.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Hey wait a minute...I took that picture...lol And although that high wing looks great on that T3 edition...it isn't a convertible.

The reason you haven't seen the conversion is because it's not just a simple swap. Since your convertible's radio antennae is contained inside the spoiler...you will need to figure out some way to get it out and into the high wing...not to mention dealing with the wiring and the holes in the deck lid that the current spoiler will leave behind when you remove it. I don't think the high wing will cover the holes but I'm not 100% sure. I didn't want patched holes so I had to buy a new deck lid when I went with an aftermarket rear spoiler.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Garage
Your correct Envy, the high wing has different mounting holes than the dovetail spoilers and the high wing will not cover them. They can patch the holes or you can buy a new deck lid (which is what I would do). Other than the antenna on the spoiler I dont know how compatible the high wing is with the vert.

November 2013 MOTM
post #6 of 9 Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

A guy at work has a vert and loves my HWS, but knowing he would have to do something with his spoiler holes has pretty much dissuaded him (my impression) ... I haven't but would like to see a pic of a vert with HWS, if it exists. I haven't seen many HWS at all, but that might be my semi-rural location ... that said, I have not seen any anywhere else, so I think they are pretty unique

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #7 of 9 Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
A guy at work has a vert and loves my HWS, but knowing he would have to do something with his spoiler holes has pretty much dissuaded him (my impression) ... I haven't but would like to see a pic of a vert with HWS, if it exists. I haven't seen many HWS at all, but that might be my semi-rural location ... that said, I have not seen any anywhere else, so I think they are pretty unique
+ 1 I'd like to see one, haven't yet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #8 of 9 Old 01-12-2014, 04:14 PM

I haven't seen any yet. I have the high wing spoiler on my car and I have the original decklid as well.

Didn't one of the convertables have the antenae external? Like a v6 non rs convertable. You would probably have to use that deck lid to put on the high wing spoiler on.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I know about the HWS using different holes than the OEM spoiler and I also know about the antenna. I guess I'll have to try to photoshop it to see what it looks like.
Hey, if anyone is really good at photo-shopping and would like to take a crack at it, I would love to see it.
Thanks.

Semper Fi!

2013 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS Manual Trans NPP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page