new top 2011 camaro 2ss ls3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-09-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

new top 2011 camaro 2ss ls3

Hi all,
In Nov 2013 dealer replaced the top for wear marks and holes beginning near the bow ends, I was instructed not to use the top for 10 days.
Well the winter was so bad and the use of my Camaro was near none, But in April I used the top for the first time and it worked flawless until putting it back up and driving off. Suddenly I heard a lot of wind noise and looking in the side view mirrors I could see the side sail panels on the top flapping in the wind. I pulled over and observed the side panels removed themselves from the track. I contacted the dealer and informed them I could not properly secure my car and that my concern was for the safety of my occupants/passengers. The dealer decided to replace the entire top due to the top being unable to be secured properly. It is at the shop the dealer referred under the warranty (NEW DESIGN TOP) so until its returned I wont know the status of repair. I will update when finished. The dealer claims they do not do the repair I waited nearly 2 months for the delivery of the new top to the dealership calling twice a week to ensure the top was coming. Suggest to be firm on any top repairs and insist on 100% satisfaction if the dealer doesn't conduct the repairs properly file under the lemon law even if its not a lemon sue them and it will cost them some aggravation in legal costs and you will still reap some sort of return on your loss. I have already filed a case to cover my ass in the event the top is not correct and for the loss of pleasure using my Camaro in the prime time of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Support MC & Troops

Yikes.. , lets hope that they do it right and the new design will be better than your old one.. Maybe you should also contact William R. our GM rep, https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/me...r-service.html
he's really a great guy and may be of some help through this issue

Keep us updated with what goes on w/your top and we hope this gets resolved quickly

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #3 of 16 Old 06-09-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain46 View Post
Hi all,
In Nov 2013 dealer replaced the top for wear marks and holes beginning near the bow ends, I was instructed not to use the top for 10 days.
Well the winter was so bad and the use of my Camaro was near none, But in April I used the top for the first time and it worked flawless until putting it back up and driving off. Suddenly I heard a lot of wind noise and looking in the side view mirrors I could see the side sail panels on the top flapping in the wind. I pulled over and observed the side panels removed themselves from the track. I contacted the dealer and informed them I could not properly secure my car and that my concern was for the safety of my occupants/passengers. The dealer decided to replace the entire top due to the top being unable to be secured properly. It is at the shop the dealer referred under the warranty (NEW DESIGN TOP) so until its returned I wont know the status of repair. I will update when finished. The dealer claims they do not do the repair I waited nearly 2 months for the delivery of the new top to the dealership calling twice a week to ensure the top was coming. Suggest to be firm on any top repairs and insist on 100% satisfaction if the dealer doesn't conduct the repairs properly file under the lemon law even if its not a lemon sue them and it will cost them some aggravation in legal costs and you will still reap some sort of return on your loss. I have already filed a case to cover my ass in the event the top is not correct and for the loss of pleasure using my Camaro in the prime time of the year.
captain46,

Sincere apologies to read of the concerns with your Camaro's convertible top. I can certainly understand the displeasure this would cause. However, it's great you've contacted the dealer. Feel free to keep us posted on the process, or contact me privately if additional assistance is needed.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST

post #4 of 16 Old 06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Support MC & Troops

Glad you could shine in William Sir, thX

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

*PROTESTING GM*
post #5 of 16 Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Glad you could shine in William Sir, thX
Hey, not a problem!

Always like to assist as much as possible .

Camaro customers... for the win!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #6 of 16 Old 06-10-2014, 04:25 AM
Support MC & Troops

Added to your rep William R.

*PROTESTING GM*
post #7 of 16 Old 06-14-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Hi all,
They probably installed your top with one intended for an L99 instead of the LS3---OR maybe a non RS version-----------(laughing and shakin head)
post #8 of 16 Old 06-20-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

I picked up my car yesterday top looks great,
until I put the top down and cycled it today, again the sides popped out of the track guides causing the same concerns as before. also when opening the trunk to place the convertible top boot on it was missing awaiting the call back from the dealer in hopes they recover it. this has been a total nightmare! This is not my first convertible nor first new car I have owned new cars were I never had to return to the dealer throughout the entire warranty. This car looks great but is one of the worst convertibles I have ever owned with these problems the safety concerns regarding the sides and the inability to secure the car properly is something that needs to be corrected! I am recently considering a new SUV/CROSSOVER for my wife and I am prepared to go to Lincoln due to GM having quality control issues..............what do I do now?
post #9 of 16 Old 06-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
I picked up my car yesterday top looks great,
until I put the top down and cycled it today, again the sides popped out of the track guides causing the same concerns as before. also when opening the trunk to place the convertible top boot on it was missing awaiting the call back from the dealer in hopes they recover it. this has been a total nightmare! This is not my first convertible nor first new car I have owned new cars were I never had to return to the dealer throughout the entire warranty. This car looks great but is one of the worst convertibles I have ever owned with these problems the safety concerns regarding the sides and the inability to secure the car properly is something that needs to be corrected! I am recently considering a new SUV/CROSSOVER for my wife and I am prepared to go to Lincoln due to GM having quality control issues..............what do I do now?
We hope you don't do that.. but we also can understand.. but like I think I've said before.. I luv my vert & I've not had your problems ether, tho I drive my vert daily and drop her top.. every time I get a chance.. tho again.. I've never had those issues or herd of them.. so I'm so sorry your having those problems ??

*PROTESTING GM*
post #10 of 16 Old 06-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
We hope you don't do that.. but we also can understand.. but like I think I've said before.. I luv my vert & I've not had your problems ether, tho I drive my vert daily and drop her top.. every time I get a chance.. tho again.. I've never had those issues or herd of them.. so I'm so sorry your having those problems ??
Finding wood to knock on...Cami's my daily car....top down as much as possible...small piece weather stripping replaced by Chevy but these threads with problem after problem get me hyperventilating a bit

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page