Damaged Convertible Top 2011 2ss - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Angry Damaged Convertible Top 2011 2ss

2011 2ss Convertible

Hi, I stuffed up! Only had my Camaro 2 weeks when the kids wanted to top down, they had put their school bags in the boot and when I opened the roof it has hit the school bags. It didn't "back off" once I noticed it wasn't fully opening I reversed it to the closed locked position.
Now when the roof is on it is not stretching back into place fully so the weather seal is not formed (gap of about 1/2 inch between roof and body).
Have had a motor trimmer look at it for me and he says there are no bends or folds in the framework, no pins or brackets broken.
Not sure if I have described the issue well enough but any suggestions on what may be the cause would be really appreciated.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Support MC & Troops

please post on our new members thread & our vert color and count thread when you can +

Now to our question.. sorry.. your not giving much, theirs a ton of stuff thats involved w/a top, could you take several pics or video it, can't help if we don't know whats actually happening., It does sound like its not closing all the way, to lock up, fully, it could be as simple as two bolts got opened as a result of being forced, when you were putting the top down, witch would change the closing (locking) of the top IMO ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #3 of 5 Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza9798 View Post
2011 2ss Convertible

Hi, I stuffed up! Only had my Camaro 2 weeks when the kids wanted to top down, they had put their school bags in the boot and when I opened the roof it has hit the school bags. It didn't "back off" once I noticed it wasn't fully opening I reversed it to the closed locked position.
Now when the roof is on it is not stretching back into place fully so the weather seal is not formed (gap of about 1/2 inch between roof and body).
Have had a motor trimmer look at it for me and he says there are no bends or folds in the framework, no pins or brackets broken.
Not sure if I have described the issue well enough but any suggestions on what may be the cause would be really appreciated.
Cheers
I'm not really understanding...considering you have to pull the cover in place in the trunk before you let the top down. Where is "the boot"?

post #4 of 5 Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
please post on our new members thread & our vert color and count thread when you can +

Now to our question.. sorry.. your not giving much, theirs a ton of stuff thats involved w/a top, could you take several pics or video it, can't help if we don't know whats actually happening., It does sound like its not closing all the way, to lock up, fully, it could be as simple as two bolts got opened as a result of being forced, when you were putting the top down, witch would change the closing (locking) of the top IMO ?
Hi, I have included some photos (see url below) As you can see it is at the rear where it is not positioning itself properly to form the seal. The roof operates normally just does fully tension leaving a gap.

https://plus.google.com/104194402816...ts/1eVVAtC3oqm
post #5 of 5 Old 09-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Support MC & Troops

..thanks for the link.. wow, that's a huge gap, I'm sure something is loose/moved !
the seal to the rubber from the rear-panels are gaped to far, like it moved forward, I'd look inside and see if you can see inside the trunk area,
it might be as simple as loosening a few bolts and tightening the top back or a bracket is bent ??
If you can't find it, you might wanna take it in to a shop that has worked on many tops and ask them to find the problem
Keep us updated w/what you come up with & what you find out

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in