keeping tops like new - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-10-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

keeping tops like new

what do you guys use to keep the top like new. are there any good products out there. also do you run your convertibles thru a automatic car wash or detail them yourself. thanks for any advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I use 303 Convertible care products. Most important...I took a small; new paint roller and "scotch guarded" my top when new with a product from the 303 line.

I'll admit...I have taken my car through an automatic wash....totally not good for any car especially not a convertible. Luckily here in Vegas there are quite a few mobile detailers available.....it's only about $10 more than automated wash.

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #3 of 11 Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 AM

Garage
never been through car wash always hand wash. Really never been in any kind of weather to get it dirty.

Just had top canvas replaced and very interested in above post about scotch guard.

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC

post #4 of 11 Old 01-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Garage
For my Convertible top I only use 303 products and a lint roller really helps. Plus when not driving it, it stays in my garage. 303 products you can find at We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store As far as a automatic wash, I really try to wash my car by hand except when its cold out side

:
post #5 of 11 Old 01-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
OMG...yes I forgot the lint roller....you guys taught me that. Funny....at my Camaro club function....saw someone's vert top....full of pet hair...no lie....almost handed him a lint roller

post #6 of 11 Old 01-11-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up about the lint roller and the 303
post #7 of 11 Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 AM

Smile

I have found the following the best for my 2011 RS. The top looks like new no rub marks plus seems to retain the factory new deep dark black look.

Yearly Maintenance: Apply an entire bottle of 303 convertible protectant to the roof apply two coats evenly letting it dry between coats.

Summer Maintenance: Once a month during the summer months I take the car to the hand car wash. Using the high pressure wand choose soap spray the roof evenly holding the wand end about a foot away then rinse thoroughly and let dry.

I also use a lint roller and a blow gun attached to my compressor to keep dust and lint off the roof. Plus always park the car with the roof up to avoid wrinkles to the rear pillars.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Thanks Dave....great info...and your FIRST post. WELCOME

post #9 of 11 Old 01-30-2015, 04:27 PM

I have the 2011 LT2 convertible. Triple black. I am assuming the fabric protectant is what I need to keep the top protected and safe, correct? Also, has anyone used RaggTop products and preferred these? Thanks!
post #10 of 11 Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromark View Post
I have the 2011 LT2 convertible. Triple black. I am assuming the fabric protectant is what I need to keep the top protected and safe, correct? Also, has anyone used RaggTop products and preferred these? Thanks!
I tryed Ragg Top first and did not like it at all and started doing just what you are doing and you can't beat 303 products and as I mention before a good old lint roller does come in handle. Michael in Virginia

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page