Maybe a vert ... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Maybe a vert ...

With the announcement of production details a few days off, I have some new thoughts.

It was never my intention to purchase my camaro until the summer/fall of 2009. My reason was simple: I wanted to make sure that the car I bought - top of the line V8 would not get trumped by the release of something better. I know there will be details this next week, and I hope that all the infromation will be put on the table from GM and the Focus Group.

With that said, I have never really been a convertible fan. I am a bit of an audiophile (I like my music clean and loud ), and a vert seems to fly in the face of my "phile-ness". But, since I am going to wait at least until the summer - (hoping Chevy has a great July 4th sale or perhaps the Labor Day sale - assumining I don't jump on a plane and go see Scotty in Wisconsin), the convertible will be available and I really like the way it looks. If there is a "hard top" tonneau, I may go this direction. Anyone else thinking the same, or have any thoughts on the subject?

July 21st 2008 will be a great day in the history of U.S. Auto Industry.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
With the announcement of production details a few days off, I have some new thoughts.

It was never my intention to purchase my camaro until the summer/fall of 2009. My reason was simple: I wanted to make sure that the car I bought - top of the line V8 would not get trumped by the release of something better. I know there will be details this next week, and I hope that all the infromation will be put on the table from GM and the Focus Group.

With that said, I have never really been a convertible fan. I am a bit of an audiophile (I like my music clean and loud ), and a vert seems to fly in the face of my "phile-ness". But, since I am going to wait at least until the summer - (hoping Chevy has a great July 4th sale or perhaps the Labor Day sale - assumining I don't jump on a plane and go see Scotty in Wisconsin), the convertible will be available and I really like the way it looks. If there is a "hard top" tonneau, I may go this direction. Anyone else thinking the same, or have any thoughts on the subject?

July 21st 2008 will be a great day in the history of U.S. Auto Industry.
I don't think you'll see Chevy include the Camaro in any future sale for some time.

I've only seen $1000 on the new Malibu on and off, because the car is in big demand as it is.

Did you need the phone number for Midwest Airlines????

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
I don't think you'll see Chevy include the Camaro in any future sale for some time.

I've only seen $1000 on the new Malibu on and off, because the car is in big demand as it is.

Did you need the phone number for Midwest Airlines????
1. Hoping for the best interest rate. My goal is a large down payment.

2. I'll let you know when I need the number!!

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page