I can't wait for the 'Vert so....... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

I can't wait for the 'Vert so.......

Ok, so this is my new plan for the day, Lease the 'Maro coupe when it comes out...then when the lease is up, hop into my 'vert, which is what i really want, but cannot wait another year for. It would be torture watching on the sidelines while everyone else is riding in their shiny new Camaros. Plus i get to drive both coupe and 'vert, best of both worlds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogasm View Post
Ok, so this is my new plan for the day, Lease the 'Maro coupe when it comes out...then when the lease is up, hop into my 'vert, which is what i really want, but cannot wait another year for. It would be torture watching on the sidelines while everyone else is riding in their shiny new Camaros. Plus i get to drive both coupe and 'vert, best of both worlds

I'm definitely getting the Convertible in white with orange stripes. Borrowed this pic from Mindz on Camaro5.com:

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #3 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 05:42 AM

thats also my "main" reason for waiting. I don't want to buy before seeing the convertible. Pics just don't do some cars justice..............I want to see it sitting there in front of me...................

post #4 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Veteran Member

If you like throwing money away, it's a great idea. Mostly, you'll be leasing for at least 2 years, if not 3 or more so you could find yourself missing out on the convertible anyway at launch-time. Not that you wouldn't have a fine car in a hardtop, mind you. Worse things have happened.

Breaking a contract early so you can buy the convertible isn't a financial wizard's dream either, but it could be done. I'm not saying you wouldn't be ok in the end, just not sure if it'd be worth all that. You'd be miles ahead saving those lease payments toward a down payment on the 'vert. Financially speaking, it's not a very smart move. Well, dumb, really. But if it makes you happy and you don't mind all the extra expense...
post #5 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Veteran Member

Boy....el ess X doesn't sugar coat anything!

I also agree with everything he just said.

post #6 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

I didn't mean it to come across so matter of factly, but unless someone has a ton of money laying around, it's very unadvisable (financially speaking) to go the route of lease for a year then buy something else. Besides, waiting for exactly what you want will make it that much sweeter when you do get it.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-09-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
I'm definitely getting the Convertible in white with orange stripes. Borrowed this pic from Mindz on Camaro5.com:

I also like that paint color on the convert, the interior would need to match the stripe color.

SF
Rick
post #8 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
I will say this. GMAC is changing the way they lease....I can't even begin to explain the changes, but buying is the better way to go now.

I'm sure one of the media outlets will go into details on why this is so. But basically, serious coin was lost with leasing - it will be set up to avoid that now. So if someone loses money, it won't be GMAC.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #9 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 AM
See You On Course

Leasing really isn't that great of a deal. It's basically a partial loan, betting on the resale value, and you are locked into the contract. You're basically saying, I'll put a down payment down, rent the car for X years, paying Y per month, and at the end of X years, I'll give the car back to you, and it will be worth Z dollars. BUT, if you drive more than the allotted miles, then the car is worth less than what you bet it would be. And then, if it's a minivan, and you have kids that trash the inside, it's even worse. And if the car gets scraped on the outside, because those same kids thought it would be ok, to ride their bikes next to the car, then it's worse. And so then, just to give the car back, you have to pay $1000 lump sum.

Can you tell I'm never going to lease again.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page