Modern Camaro Forums banner

The ZL1 Joins The Dark Side: ZL1 Carbon

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Concrete Jungle 
#1 ·
The ZL1 Joins The Dark Side: ZL1 Carbon

Everyone knew is was only a matter of time before the Camaro ZL1 embraced it’s inner villain and at SEMA 2011 we were introduced to the mean and menacing ZL1 Carbon. The team at GM took a standard ZL1, including it’s 6.2L LSA cranking out a monsterous 580 hp and 556 lb/ft of torque and it’s mind blowing Magnetic Ride Control system, and made it’s appearance match it’s extreme performance capabilities.

What seperates this Ashen Gray ZL1 from it’s more conservative brothren is a variety of carbon fiber goodies including an exposed-weave carbon fiber “Mohawk” hood insert, a carbon fiber rear spoiler with stainless-steel wicker bill, and carbon fiber inserts on the interior door and instrument panel. A set of lightweight 20″ Satin Black wheels with machined faces and Brembo brakes complete the exterior transformation. Inside things are equally as sinister with a Jet Black leather interior with suede microfiber seat inserts that are set off by Torch Red stitching, a suede-trimmed flat-bottom steering wheel, short-throw shifter topped with a carbon fiber-trimmed shift knob, and ZL1 pedals.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet !, looks killer to me :roxor:

#7 ·
anyone notice the the V8 mail slot is missing.

#18 · (Edited)
I've already priced the hood and the insert. Dealer price for hood is $700 and the insert is $1400 for the plastic one and $2200 for the carbon fiber edition.

* Theres a channel under the hood insert to direct the water away from the engine.

#16 ·
A question about the hood. How does it drain rain water?

The reason I ask is I am trying to get my boss to get a ZL1 Vert for his wife as a demo (he gets a Vette vert as his demo) so the ZL1 Camaro is perhaps less money. I am trying for very selfish reasons. (I want it when she turns it in)

They have a shore house and the car stays there all summer long. I know she will not keep it in a garage. Sure the car will get rain and beach sand and salt air but when she is done with it and orders her next Camaro I will have the option to trade in my beloved RJT V6/A for her lightly used ZL1. The only down side is she will not buy it in the color comb I like.

My best selling point is the magnetic ride suspension (the loaded SS/RS she drives now rides a bit harsh). She also will not mind the extra power.
Dave

#17 ·
LUV the car...luv the hood.. um give me more "PAINT" choices GM !

Something in BLUE ! ! :shakefist::shakefist::shakefist:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.