What runaround from my local Chevy dealers - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

What runaround from my local Chevy dealers

I don't know about how you guys are going about buying your ZL-1's but I can't even get straight answers from any of the dealers in my area in regards to the ZL-1. These clowns can't even give a simple yes or no to the question, "do you have a ZL-1 in stock." I have never experienced this before and I've purchased probably 30 cars and trucks since 1998.

Anyone in So Cal have a dealer that they have personally dealt with that has even a limited understanding or command of the english language? I sure would like to go look at a ZL-1 but geezuz, if this is what you have to go through then forget it.

Last edited by Shooters; 04-25-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
All 2012 Zl1s were presold. There were approx. 1100 preordered but only about 500 will be produced...so dealerships do not have any available for viewing or test driving because they are already sold and are generally picked up by their new owners upon delivery to the dealership.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Then they should say that!

post #4 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Some dealers didn't even get a ZL1 allocation so they don't want to admit that nor do they want to admit that they don't know squat about the products they're selling. It's not so much the runaround as it is just plain ignorance...lol.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Some dealers didn't even get a ZL1 allocation so they don't want to admit that nor do they want to admit that they don't know squat about the products they're selling. It's not so much the runaround as it is just plain ignorance...lol.
You can say that again...

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

The thing that pisses me off is that if I do an inventory search for local dealers that have the car and it actually showed 3 available from 3 different dealers. But when I contact the dealers that supposedly have it, they don't even know if they have it.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooters View Post
The thing that pisses me off is that if I do an inventory search for local dealers that have the car and it actually showed 3 available from 3 different dealers. But when I contact the dealers that supposedly have it, they don't even know if they have it.
Well, that is because that must list it in "stock" even if it is pre-sold in order to free up the next allocation they have. Whether it be for the same model or something else... Pretty lame but my car was listed in stock for about 2 hours before I got my hot & sweaty little hands on it!!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #8 of 11 Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
All 2012 Zl1s were presold. There were approx. 1100 preordered but only about 500 will be produced...so dealerships do not have any available for viewing or test driving because they are already sold and are generally picked up by their new owners upon delivery to the dealership.
This is wrong information. There are 500 made and approx another 500 before the MY2013 begin. Mine just got pulled for production yesterday.

2010 Camaro's are GM's best idea yet!!!!
2SS/RS Black on Black, M6 Sunroof
2012 Summit White ZL1, M6, Sunroof
"Thank you Champion Chevrolet!!!!" #1588[
post #9 of 11 Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 5150

We know many of you are rabid for the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and some of you even have them on order, so we're keeping you informed as production resumes and deliveries continue to reach their buyers.

We've come across a dealer document through one of our loyal readers that gives us some updates on the ZL1's production status and options details. Perhaps most significant of the information in the document is the revelation that of the 1,100 remaining unfulfilled orders, just 500 of them will be built and delivered as 2012 models. The remaining 600 will be rolled over into 2013 model-year production, which won't start until after the end of April.

For those buyers among the 1,100 remaining, GM will inform you of your car's status on April 11.

Production of the ZL1 resumes next week now that the hold for a software issue has been lifted, and cars not yet built will see some adjustments on their options packages.

For 2012 models ordered with the optional exposed carbon fiber weave hood inserts (RPO code B92), the $600 charge for the upgrade will be offset by a $600 credit, and new window stickers issued to reflect such.

Models ordered with the ZL1 stripe package and sunroof (RPO codes DSW and DSX) will also get a slight tweak: the stripes will only be on the rear deck, not the roof.

That's all for now--but we'll keep you updated as we learn more.

Thanks to our Camaro5150 readers for this same Document last week.

Also another source that has posted this morning:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Production Updates
I was just going on the information provided by CamaroScotty. And since he works for GM/Chevrolet...I assumed he was only sharing accurate information.

EDIT: I see now after rereading this that it never states how many were already built...but the point is still the same. There aren't enough ZL1s to fulfill orders so there won't be any on dealership lots for very long because they already belong to someone.

Last edited by Envy; 04-26-2012 at 09:24 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM

right, Envy; right Hypurone; and Shooters, don't be too mad at the average dealer or salesperson that you get on the line. In order to remain on the job, their assignment is to interest you in something that IS in stock; i.e. SS Camaro, Corvette, or others. The 'training' doesn't take into account "us" enthusiasts who aren't really interested in anything other than the ZL1 if that's what we're inquiring about. Like Envy said, MOST people you get on the line are completely clueless because there are no clues made obvious to most of them. This forum is the place for info, you will get it much sooner at moderncamaro.com than any dealership.

At last--Dream HAS BECOME Reality....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page