ZL1/1LE Camaro Registry - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 09-20-2012, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

ZL1/1LE Camaro Registry

Hello, everyone I wanted to share with the group the new ZL1 / 1LE registry. If you got a ZL1 or a 1LE you gotta register those nice cars. They will sure be worth collecting in the next 2 to 5,10,20 years. Remember new smog emissions are coming. Spread the word the enthusiast registry is here....

thank you

ZL1/1LE Camaro Registry

Welcome to the exclusive 2012 - 2013 ZL1 and 1LE camaro registry site.

http://www.1LEregistry.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 PM

What's the point of "registering".... curious. Not being negative, just trying to determine it's value to those who register. There could be some privacy issues as well. ??

2012 CAMARO-ZL1-Silver Ice Metallic, AutoMagic TapShift, Polished Rims, Exposed CF Hood; Perma Grin;
Heartfelt Thanks to at City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC 2012 ZL1 Album-->https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/me...l1-photos.html

Last edited by htron50; 10-22-2012 at 06:52 PM.
post #3 of 26 Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Bork View Post
Hello, everyone I wanted to share with the group the new ZL1 / 1LE registry. If you got a ZL1 or a 1LE you gotta register those nice cars. They will sure be worth collecting in the next 2 to 5,10,20 years. Remember new smog emissions are coming. Spread the word the enthusiast registry is here....

thank you

ZL1/1LE Camaro Registry

And SS's wont be collectible?

post #4 of 26 Old 10-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage-Iron View Post
And SS's wont be collectible?
Compared to the ZL1's.... Nope!! Give it a thumbs down all you want, but it is what it is. My 1967 Camaro RS/SS or my brother's 69 RS X-11 Camaro will NEVER be worth what a 1969 ZL1 Camaro is worth....

My 2002 SLP SS Camaro will NEVER be worth the same amount that a 2002 ZL1 Camaro is worth....

And your SS will NEVER be worth the same value as the new ZL1..... Sorry.
post #5 of 26 Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Compared to the ZL1's.... Nope!! Give it a thumbs down all you want, but it is what it is. My 1967 Camaro RS/SS or my brother's 69 RS X-11 Camaro will NEVER be worth what a 1969 ZL1 Camaro is worth....

My 2002 SLP SS Camaro will NEVER be worth the same amount that a 2002 ZL1 Camaro is worth....

And your SS will NEVER be worth the same value as the new ZL1..... Sorry.
I didnt say same value, probably not. I said "Collectible"....There are far more SS's out there that are collected...Thats evident by auction shows on the tube.
post #6 of 26 Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, let me rephrase it. Your SS will never be a collectible or saught after like the ZL1. Hints the registry.... Better.....
post #7 of 26 Old 10-23-2012, 02:22 PM

Garage
General Motors did the same thing with the Volts....they were tracking to see the kind of usage, mileage (electric and gas), Locations of the vehicles (concentration by city, state etc)....Friend of mine has a volt, and it was kind of cool to see who put the most miles on, the highest miles on electric, gas etc....also gathering information or history of parts that need working on....It is really just to help in making sure they are producing a quality product....
post #8 of 26 Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ok, let me rephrase it. Your SS will never be a collectible or saught after like the ZL1. Hints the registry.... Better.....
I very seriously doubt that statement you made because all you gotta do is watch auctions and see what SS's bring from the 60's, they were no more "special" than my SS, they are just survivors. They will probably never bring as much as a ZL1 because thats like saying a Mustang 2+2 fastback will bring as much as a Shelby and we all know that wont happen.

Anyone can make a "registry", just look all over the web and see for yourself.
post #9 of 26 Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

The SS's that you are seeing go for 60K or more, they are going for that amount for several reasons.

1- Most of them, not all of them, but the vast majority are your Pro-Touring cars that have close to six figures invested in them.
2- They are well equipped with either a 396 or the 427 Big Block mounted to a 4-Speed.
3- They have had a very extensive, full rotisserie restoration performed with all documentation.
4- They are not your average 350 small block SS or RS
5- Right now the 1969 Z-28 is probably the hottest selling classic Camaro. Why? Because it was RARE with the DZ302

I won't get into an argument with you over values and car auctions. No one knows what the value of ANY car will be in 30 or 40 years. But you want to take a guess? Look at what the 3rd and 4th Gen Camaro's are bringing. Look at what a 35th Anniversary is bringing compared to a 2002 SS. They are identical. The 35th LE's are not bringing anymore. Look at what a 30th Anniversary is bringing compared to a 97 SS.

Back in the 60's when the Camaro came out, you could option your car with 8 different engines. You could get several different transmission, 4-Speed, TH350, TH400, 2-Speed Powerglide, and of course who can forget the 3 on the tree shift column. You don't have those choices and options with today's Camaro's. In order for a First Gen to bring top dollar and be all original, it has to have the right drive train combination. Otherwise, it's just like your Camaro, it's nothing special or different than the other mass produced cars.

In 50 years will it be sought after...... Probably. But once again, it won't be as collectible as a ZL1. Which was my point from the beginning.

Last edited by Bucky6702; 10-25-2012 at 07:04 AM.
post #10 of 26 Old 10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The SS's that you are seeing go for 60K or more, they are going for that amount for several reasons.

1- Most of them, not all of them, but the vast majority are your Pro-Touring cars that have close to six figures invested in them.
2- They are well equipped with either a 396 or the 427 Big Block mounted to a 4-Speed.
3- They have had a very extensive, full rotisserie restoration performed with all documentation.
4- They are not your average 350 small block SS or RS
5- Right now the 1969 Z-28 is probably the hottest selling classic Camaro. Why? Because it was RARE with the DZ302

I won't get into an argument with you over values and car auctions. No one knows what the value of ANY car will be in 30 or 40 years. But you want to take a guess? Look at what the 3rd and 4th Gen Camaro's are bringing. Look at what a 35th Anniversary is bringing compared to a 2002 SS. They are identical. The 35th LE's are not bringing anymore. Look at what a 30th Anniversary is bringing compared to a 97 SS.

Back in the 60's when the Camaro came out, you could option your car with 8 different engines. You could get several different transmission, 4-Speed, TH350, TH400, 2-Speed Powerglide, and of course who can forget the 3 on the tree shift column. You don't have those choices and options with today's Camaro's. In order for a First Gen to bring top dollar and be all original, it has to have the right drive train combination. Otherwise, it's just like your Camaro, it's nothing special or different than the other mass produced cars.

In 50 years will it be sought after...... Probably. But once again, it won't be as collectible as a ZL1. Which was my point from the beginning.
I wasnt arguing with you or anyone else. We have our opinions, you have yours and I have mine. Simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page