Rear spoiler for the ZL1 convertible - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Rear spoiler for the ZL1 convertible

As I anxiously await the arrival of my ZL1 vert, I start to think about spoiler that comes with it. I really like the coupe spoiler better. Im thinking about ordering a ZL1 coupe spoiler and swapping it. Has anyone done this? swapped a ZL1 convertible spoiler for a ZL1 coupe spoiler?

I read that one of the reasons for different spoilers is the wind affects and downforce play differently on the vert then the coupe. I guess having two third break lights might be weird? I just LOVE the coupe spoiler! I think it really sets it apart....

Has anyone swapped theirs?

John G

1967 RS/SS Camaro
2012 SS convertible 45th Anniversary addition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM

The other reason I believe is that the radio antenna is also embedded in the convertible trunk spoiler. (Coupes have the antenna grid within the rear window glass)..

Vance Chula
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 AM

I did it and went for the blade spoiler. I love the blade as an homage to my first Camaro, a 1976 Black Type LT.

Anyway, the very long aluminum AM antenna stretches from end to end inside the factory vert spoiler. It's kind of a pain to get out. I haven't tried to re-install it in the new blade. I know someone on Camaro5 did. He just drilled out the new blade spoiler and stuffed it inside. I myself tried several aftermarket antennas, even with power boost, and they worked fine until you close the trunk. Then no AM at all. FM works fine. I'm just driving without AM, which I don't listen to anyway. Someday I'll try what the other guy did and stuff the antenna in the new blade. I think the antenna has to be above the trunk lid to get a signal.

I'm not sure the factory coupe spoiler is hollow like the blade spoiler, so you may not be able to stuff the vert am antenna in it. If you get the blade spoiler, buy it from the Chevy dealer who sells them on eBay. You'll save over $100. Good luck,

Geno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130212_0003.jpg
Views:	4209
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	18609  

post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Support MC & Troops

Do a delete on the stock break light, its what I'm going to do

I'd like to hear what you find out, tho.. I do want a LED bar going all the way across the spoiler

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page