GM Supercharger recall - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

GM Supercharger recall

It was brought up to me that theirs been a recall on the GM Superchargers..
one of our newest members wanted me to post and asked if we could discuss this further in MC..
He's even asked if I would add his Blog.. he has, a bought this.. I don't see why not and have no problem helping out.. as some day I'd like to get my prize BRM 2013 ZL1.
Here's his link to his blog ; Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Recalled for Supercharger Failures - Torque News

Anyone... please feel free to add your comments "ThX"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Garage
There's 2 different issues being discussed on his blog as related when they really aren't. the "rattle" heard on nearly all of these engines is caused by the buffered supercharger coupling Eaton used. In nearly all of these cases, it's just a rattle and most owners will never hear it. I can hear mine rattle with the hood open and standing in front of the car but I don't hear it at all while driving. I've seen a couple of cases where the coupling components have cracked but it seems pretty rare. The dry bearing issue is nasty though. Good to see GM step up and take care of it.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 PM

Thanks a lot. Would love to see how this recall affects the ZL1's popularity. Do you think it still would remain a popular Camaro?

post #4 of 16 Old 06-07-2014, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Thanks a lot. Would love to see how this recall affects the ZL1's popularity. Do you think it still would remain a popular Camaro?
Yes !, the reason, this Camaro will stay popular, regardless of the issue, is because of its name and the components that is built w/it., The ZL1 is not just a SS with a Supercharger.. if that was the case, no one would of bought this model, its not all based on the Supercharger, even tho that's the primary part of a ZL1., Witch IMO is not a problem any longer, because GM has made the extended warranty for it.
Hope that helps w/your question

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

*PROTESTING GM*
post #5 of 16 Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradsZL1 View Post
There's 2 different issues being discussed on his blog as related when they really aren't. the "rattle" heard on nearly all of these engines is caused by the buffered supercharger coupling Eaton used. In nearly all of these cases, it's just a rattle and most owners will never hear it. I can hear mine rattle with the hood open and standing in front of the car but I don't hear it at all while driving. I've seen a couple of cases where the coupling components have cracked but it seems pretty rare. The dry bearing issue is nasty though. Good to see GM step up and take care of it.
Sadly if, I had me ZL1, like my SS.. I always have me stereo cranked up, I'd more than likely not hear me bearing going bad til it was to late
If you hear more a bought these issues, please feel free, to share, I'd luv to hear a bought it &

*PROTESTING GM*
post #6 of 16 Old 06-08-2014, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Do you own or plan on owning a Camaro or some day ??

*PROTESTING GM*
post #7 of 16 Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 PM

great info thank you. Im not happy to bring it in because of the key fob recall. I hope they let me choose the recall they have done. I have heard the key is recalled as well as the air bag.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28ZL1 View Post
great info thank you. Im not happy to bring it in because of the key fob recall. I hope they let me choose the recall they have done. I have heard the key is recalled as well as the air bag.
So far, no one has said, they have had to do it.. I wouldn't worry much, I don't think its going to be a huge issue

*PROTESTING GM*
post #9 of 16 Old 12-31-2014, 12:45 PM
ls3

supercharger rattle

I have a 2013 ZL1 with 700 miles on the car. the car has the rattle in the supercharger. the supercharge was replaced today by the dealer.

Steve
post #10 of 16 Old 12-31-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradsZL1 View Post
100% correct. Nice to see someone has looked into this to see what has actually been happening. I'll add to it as we are contracted to come up with a solution that the solid replacements are resulting in as much as 40% shorter life of the units as all this shock and stress is now transferred directly to the shafts, bearings, and cases now when that solution is implemented.

The difficulty we are having is sourcing a material that can withstand years of immersion in the lube and still have enough give to absorb the shock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page