zl1 tires - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Climb down already. Geez!
Actually I have not climbed on anything. But thank you for assuming I had.... And my question was completely relevant. The OP clearly stated replacement tires for a ZL1. You mentioned that you got 55,000 miles out of your OEM tire and questioned the OP's natural driving style. The OEM tire on the SS is quite different from the ZL1. On top of that, the 3 specific tires he mentioned, are not OEM tires.

So answer me this- Did you bring anything helpful or useful to this thread? Did you provide any information pertaining to the 3 tires the OP asked about?! Didn't think so....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 01-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I asked a valid question. It's called being helpful.
ALL of these things contribute to advanced tire wear.
Then there's road surface, smooth or rough, grooved, asphalt or concrete, gravel, etc. All have an impact.
I drive my car on mostly smooth roads, and don't drive aggressively. Hence, longer tire life.

...at least I didn't climb on my high horse and try to poop on someone being helpful just for jollies.

...we now return to our regularly scheduled....and mature thread.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

Last edited by patriotpa; 01-29-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Clarity, expansion.
post #13 of 19 Old 01-29-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Lol looks like I started a little bit of a heated battle haha. Anyhow, I bought the car used with 3k miles on it and the tires were ok, but definitely not new. I should have thrown in new tires into the deal, but I was about an hour late of signing the contract and driving home when I thought about it. After buying the car, I did a bunch of mods (headers, exhaust, cai, upper and lower pulley, id850 injectors, 106* t stat, tune, etc) car had 600+ to the wheels (700 or so to the motor).Yes I drive the car hard, but that is what it was made for. I also track the car once a month or so. But even then, I have spoken to a few friends with the zl1 and ss, and even the chevy ss, they all hate the good years. The pirelis I had on my 2012 ss were decent, But I can honestly say, after having the PSS installed on my car yesterday, you can see a difference. Tighter cornering, better hooking, etc. I would recomend them any day. For a non drag radial, I think they are great.

post #14 of 19 Old 01-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Garage
He'll get over it. Don't worry about it.

I was just in Miami a few weeks ago for work. Nice town, but EXPENSIVE!

I'm glad you like the new tires. Let me know how they do in the wet.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
post #15 of 19 Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
He'll get over it. Don't worry about it.

I was just in Miami a few weeks ago for work. Nice town, but EXPENSIVE!

I'm glad you like the new tires. Let me know how they do in the wet.
No rain yet (Thank GOD) but I will definitely give a wet weather review when we get some. What do you do for work? Are you a PA or from PA? And yeah the living expenses here in Miami are insane, but we do have year round sunny weather and average temps year round of about 78*, so it's a decent trade off.
post #16 of 19 Old 02-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I work for a defense contractor. I live in PA.
..I may be back in Miami in a the near future.....

Your handle means the third English speaking foreigner... WTF?

post #17 of 19 Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I work for a defense contractor. I live in PA.
..I may be back in Miami in a the near future.....

Your handle means the third English speaking foreigner... WTF?
nice I work for the government as well. And yeah my handle is pretty much that. Essentially down here in Miami, gringo means a white boy (but I do speak spanish; and my wife is puerto rican. I am a third generation same name same profession; and it's also a nickname I got while in highschool, so that's basically how my nickname came to be.
post #18 of 19 Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 AM

Soapbox time!!! ANY tire that you buy will be great for one application and not so good, or even horrible, for another. I drive an Early CTS-V and run Mich. A/S and got 40k+ on 1st set
And at 45+ on set 2. The OE GY sucked for everything except noise. The Mich. work great year round and even perform well at the Road coarse. Not a burnout or Drag fan but drive the car car pretty hard on the street.
I recently got another set of wheels and will buy track tires for them! Suggest the same for anyone expecting ultimate Perf and/or long life. You Will NOT find a tire that does both well!
post #19 of 19 Old 10-16-2015, 07:09 AM

Garage
I have 6k miles on my 2012 ZL-1 and the original tires are fine so far.

2012 ZL 1, Victory Red, 6sm, polished wheels, some kind of super charger thingy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page