MBRP Race catback install (17 ZL1)!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Camaro ZL1 and Z/28 Discussion Discussions regarding the 2012-up Camaro ZL1 and the 2014-up Camaro Z/28.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

MBRP Race catback install (17 ZL1)!!

I ordered a MBRP catback from Maryland Speed last Wednesday night. I got it this past Wednesday morning. So it was 1 week delivery. It said it came from Canada. So the packaging was nice and the instructions were good enough. It came with everything needed. But I do recommend getting heavy duty exhaust clamps because the ones that these aftermarket exhaust companies supply are all garbage. However they were good enough to get the exhaust bolted on. I'll swap em out for the heavy duty ones some day soon.

All the pipes looked great. Fitment was great. Removal of the stock system and cutting it with one of those blade chain plier things...the entire process took quite some time. And lining it all up and clamping it down just enough that it won't fall but not tight enough so you can't adjust it, all that took some time. Patience is key. All in all I ended the day with some cuts and bruises and tired and dehydrated, lol!! It was over 90 degrees and very humid. I did this outside my apartment complex on ramps with hand tools BTW. It took about 3-4 hours by myself. And towards the end it started to downpour and I got drenched twice, lol!! But the end result was worth it all.

It sounds really good. The initial startup had me all grins. It is loud. Not overly loud but loud enough to get some attention. Even on the inside it is loud but it won't make your ears bleed or give you a headache. Most notably is that I have not noticed any significant drone as of yet. I didn't take it out on the highway yet tho. I only drove it around town. But it does sound amazing. Oh, and no CELs with this, the Roto-Fab cai, the Katech TB, and VTC. They're all playing nicely with the ECU, lol!! Here are some pics and sound clips.

This is the stock system (for comparison)
https://youtu.be/6kJ1kwOEO-8

This is the first startup!!
https://youtu.be/jwjIqrKnNU4

This is idle after a good 20 minute drive!!
https://youtu.be/56GVUi4Kn-o
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catback.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	51577   Click image for larger version

Name:	MBRP Race.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	51585  

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page