FS: 2005 6 speed GTO - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Classifieds: For Sale / Wanted For Sale and Wanted Ads. Private Parties ONLY. No unpaid advertising allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

FS: 2005 6 speed GTO

SOLD 5/2/09

Well, now that Lorcin and Selena have bid farewell to theirs, it's my turn to attempt it...

100% stock (except tires; about 9k on them) with 39,575 miles. The car has been in a garage since early December and is only driven once or twice a month (weather permitting) just to keep the battery charged and everything lubricated. It was a daily driver for about 10 months, but I waxed it regularly to keep most rock chips from occurring. Check out the high-resolution pictures on my Fquick page to see for yourself. Interior is in mint condition, rear headrest seams are not pulling apart, mat clips aren't broken (I have two extra), never been smoked in, yada yada yada.

The negatives are some curb rash (can be seen in pictures) and two door dings which could be removed by paintless dent repair (there is NO paint damage). The only paint damage is an approximate 1.5" scratch on the driver-side rear quarter where the door meets the body. It is from a button on a pair of pants from getting out of my car in a tight parking spot. I have used a clay bar and whatnot to make it less noticeable, but someone who is handy with an orbital will be able to get it out. There is also some scrape marks on the left side of the trunk where the dealer scraped their sticker off. :nonono: It can also be seen in the pictures.

Also included is a car cover and a new GM ignition cylinder set. The car needs absolutely nothing except for a new owner (and lots of go-fast goodies ). I am selling because I plan on purchasing a Camaro.

I am located in McLean, VA (Tysons Corner; appx 6 miles from our nations capital). Fly into Reagan or Dulles and drive it anywhere. $18,000.

You can see a lot more pictures at http://www.fquick.com/demonspeed

Skyline Drive in Virginia this past November before I put the car in storage...

This was at GM Carlisle Nationals this past summer...

These are from April, but it's still just as clean...

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28

Last edited by demonspeed; 05-02-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Resident GTO nutswinger

Sad to see this go. Good luck with the sale.

2006 Pontiac GTO | Intake | Predator Tuned | Spintech Exhaust

post #3 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp Salad View Post
Sad to see this go. Good luck with the sale.
As much as I've complained about it, it's tough actually listing it for sale. I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it.

Someone will be getting a nice clean slate to build a pretty nice ride.

post #4 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

The reality hasn't quite sunk in yet for me. I can't believe it went so fast and now we have one empty garage that we are painting tomorrow.

GTOs are excellent cars and were underrated by many. Good luck
FYI post it on LS2GTO.com too, also they have some stupid rules about posting adds so you should check out the rule thread so it doesn't get deleted.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #5 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i know exactly how you feel, bro! good luck. i saw u had it posted over on ls1gto. u may want to update those pics in case they get *****y since they don't meet the new retarded rules. they ended up pulling my ad because of that but i didn't care cuz the car was already sold.

however, our gto sold because of that board so hopefully it will work out for you. it may also help to update your ad with a bulleted list for easy scanning. i notice a lot of those guys on that forum are lazy and don't like to read paragraphs of text. just my .02.

hopefully, this go 'round it will sell quick

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #6 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
i know exactly how you feel, bro! good luck. i saw u had it posted over on ls1gto. u may want to update those pics in case they get *****y since they don't meet the new retarded rules. they ended up pulling my ad because of that but i didn't care cuz the car was already sold.

however, our gto sold because of that board so hopefully it will work out for you. it may also help to update your ad with a bulleted list for easy scanning. i notice a lot of those guys on that forum are lazy and don't like to read paragraphs of text. just my .02.

hopefully, this go 'round it will sell quick
The thing that saves my add over there is that I originally listed it before the new picture rules went into effect. At the time, I wasn't too serious, so all I did was update the add with a "real" price. I understand why they put the rule into place, but even if you took a picture with a piece of paper with your screen name on it, anyone who's really trying to rip someone off will be able to photoshop it.

post #7 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
but even if you took a picture with a piece of paper with your screen name on it, anyone who's really trying to rip someone off will be able to photoshop it.

yup. well, cool. i'm glad you were "grandfathered in." lol i just posted in there for ya to keep it at the top

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #8 of 21 Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
i just posted in there for ya to keep it at the top
Yep, I saw that

I feel kinda sick. I can't believe. I have been quite the antiGTO-GTO owner. This is God playing games with me.

post #9 of 21 Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 AM

Man, that is sweet! Too bad I have a ****ty job and I am only 18. I WILL have a GTO in the future as a daily driver.

Daily Driver: 1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1 LT1~ 189,XXX miles
Fun Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350~ Modified!
post #10 of 21 Old 02-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Good luck on the sale. I know in the future I may consider selling mine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page