FS/FT 2001 Ford Explorer Sport - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Classifieds: For Sale / Wanted For Sale and Wanted Ads. Private Parties ONLY. No unpaid advertising allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-10-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

FS/FT 2001 Ford Explorer Sport

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/1684755789.html

Quote:
2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 5500 FIRM
I am willing to consider clean C/K 4x4 full size pickups/Blazers/Jimmies, 350 3rd Gen, LT1/ LS1 4th gen F-Body cars in similar condition to my truck for trade (pics and history please if you want to go this route).

The truck currently has almost just over 110,000 miles on the odometer, 78% of which were highway since 59K miles. To date the only issues with the vehicle are the in dash cigarette lighter and the drivers side window. There is still a power receptacle on the passenger side of the lower console. The window just needs a new motor (it's in the up and sealed position). Recent repairs include: new ball joints, rear axle seals (bad ford part), front hubs. All repair/replace items were completed due to the wear and tear of driving back and forth from Toledo and Kalamazoo. Tires and brakes have been replaced within the last year as well. The truck drives, shifts, and functions four wheel perfectly fine; 2wd, 4WD Hi and Lo. There is light rust near the drainage holes in the lift gate, around the bumper, and on the running boards from rocks and debris. There is also a small scuff on the right rear fender from what I guess was a shopping cart as well as a few dings and paint transfers from people parking too close. Other than that there is no body damage, wheel well or under-body rust whatsoever. It has never been in a serious accident and all repair work has been done by Kistler of Toledo and Don Seelye Ford in Kalamazoo.

Amenities include:

Rear air/radio controls
Fold flat rear seats
Cargo 'tonneau cover'
6 way power driverís seat
Power windows (still strong)
Power locks
In dash CD/Cassette/AMFM radio
Cruise control
Over head console with compass and temperature readouts
Smokers package (nonsmoker though)
4.0L V6 w/ 5spd Automatic
Electronic 4WD
Power sunroof w/ shade
Power mirrors
Running boards (can be removed)
Fog lights
Rear window defrost and wiper
Two sets of keys w/ remotes and a third spare.

So if you are in need of a good solid winter vehicle this is a prime candidate because it's served me well in the bitter West Michigan cold.

Method of contact: Email (preferred) or phone/text (419-283-7228)

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Supporter of common sense

Good luck with the sale

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks. Got the go-ahead when I sat down with the pops saying that my aim was to just off load it and buy a 4th gen outright w/ no payments.

I actually know my way around those vehicles (therefore making repairs cheaper). Also told him I'd pay gas and insurance on it too and I think he really liked that part

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page