Injen CAI For Sale $224.95 PLus Shipping! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Classifieds: For Sale / Wanted For Sale and Wanted Ads. Private Parties ONLY. No unpaid advertising allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Injen CAI For Sale $224.95 PLus Shipping!

Hey guys I found a cheap website for CAI. This one is for the 2012 V6 Camaro's but I'm sure they have others for all years and engine size.
Just wanted to share for other V6 Camaro Owners.

Autoplicity.com. Injen PF7013WB 12 CAMARO 3.6L V6 SRI W M - PF7013WB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Keep in mind this is the short ram intake. Not the long tube cold air intake. Just thought Id let those know who were ready to pull the trigger on this intake.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes you are correct but it is a completely sealed unit. So it gets more cold air I think. I just got it yesterday and installed it. It sounds a looks great. I couldn't believe how big the filter was. I will try to post pics asap so you guys can see. It only took about an hour to install. Very easy. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-26-2012, 12:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoney23 View Post
Yes you are correct but it is a completely sealed unit. So it gets more cold air I think. I just got it yesterday and installed it. It sounds a looks great. I couldn't believe how big the filter was. I will try to post pics asap so you guys can see. It only took about an hour to install. Very easy. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
I'm still leaning toward the Roto-Fab, but still open minded about this for sure since they are open box and you say this one is closed. I really don't know which is better the open or completed closed? You got any pictures now since the site has none? Thanks for any information on this CAI Michael in Virginia

:

Last edited by rangomr; 08-26-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: take out one question
post #5 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
Keep in mind this is the short ram intake. Not the long tube cold air intake. Just thought Id let those know who were ready to pull the trigger on this intake.

Sorry for the non-gearhead question, but what's the difference between the two?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's some pics

I am not sure what the difference is as far as long tube/short. I would think the least amount of distance the air has to travel the better but not positive. The reason I got Injen was because I have heard of them, they claimed the same hp/tq as almost all intakes and I found it for half the price as most of the other brands. To me I would rather save a little but of money for other mods. Who knows if the others brands really make better numbers. I know that they don't make numbers twice as good that's for sure. Well I hope the pics help you make your decision. Take care
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-13 15.55.10.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	14632   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-13 15.59.58.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	14633  
post #7 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Looks great in your car! Thanks for the tip.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Looks like autoplicity caught their mistake...it's $242.94 today!
post #9 of 10 Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah I noticed that too. They keep changing it. The first day I was it I think it was 249, then I did some research. Checked the next day and it was even cheaper. Couldn't believe it. Thats why I always check as many places as I can before I buy. But its a great air filter and you can't beat the price.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoney23 View Post
yeah I noticed that too. They keep changing it. The first day I was it I think it was 249, then I did some research. Checked the next day and it was even cheaper. Couldn't believe it. Thats why I always check as many places as I can before I buy. But its a great air filter and you can't beat the price.
Yeah it's a pretty good short ram and even at 242, that's still 150 less than CAI, inc. I'm glad you got yours at such a great price...nothing like a keying error to save a few bucks. Enjoy the new feel and sound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page