Livernois Motorsports Custom Tuning Information - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Livernois Motorsports Custom Tuning Information

This car was a bone stock automatic and the customer brought it in for our undetectable ECM/TCM tune. The before and after HP numbers were very similar to the last automatic car we had in the shop, but the torque was very low. 3 baseline pulls were made and the torque numbers varied minimally.

The baseline numbers were 323 RWHP / 312 RWTQ, the tuned numbers were 339 RWHP / 360 RWTQ. Similar to our proven G8 tunes, it did pick up power, but our transmission calibration with reduced torque management and improved shift points make it feel like a whole different car!

Peak gains were +16 RWHP, + 48 RWTQ (typical RWTQ gains are +15-20) If you notice around 4,400 rpms, however there were huge gains in power and torque.

Click Here for the Video

If you are not local to us, we also offer our own X-Treme Cal Tuning Interface for the 2010 Camaro.

Very popular with G8 owners, the X-Treme Cal Interface allows us to achieve results equivalent to dyno tuning for simple bolt-on's, aftermarket power adder or full bolt-on vehicles that normally require custom tuning at a dyno facility. This interface is a single VIN unit with the ability to data log. The interface is yours to keep, so we can send you updates to our tune files as they become available or update your tune if you do further modifications (within reason).

The X-Treme Cal Interface reads out your factory PCM program, which you can save should you ever need to return your vehicle to the stock PCM program. Restoring your vehicle to the stock PCM program is quick and easy.

The software is included, so all you will need is a laptop of your own.

Includes:

X-Treme Cal Interface
X-Treme Cal Software
USB Interface to Laptop Cord
OBD-2 Interface to Vehicle Cord

Price for the interface and a full tune is $600.00.

For an additional $50.00, we can also make the tune undetectable to the dealership.

We had a customer on another site that wasn't happy with his existing dyno tune from another shop. He purchased our device and uploaded the files we sent and put the car back on the same dyno and saw gains of 11 RWHP / 10 RWTQ. In addition, our TCM transmission calibration will make the A6 equipped vehicles feel like a totally different car.

It can be found online HERE

Please PM or call 313-561-5500 ex. 2123 to set-up an appointment or wityh any questions you may have.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 PM

How can we trust that it is undetectable? That is a pretty bold claim that a lot of us would probably be interested in. What would happen if we did take the car in and it was detected?

Please I am not trying to be a smart ass just asking a few questions. I mean if I could get this car to run the way it is supposed to with a tune and not void my warranty I would definatley be interested. It seems the only way right now to get the L99 to run like we were led to believe it would is to void your warranty and get a tune.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp2010redjewel View Post
How can we trust that it is undetectable? That is a pretty bold claim that a lot of us would probably be interested in. What would happen if we did take the car in and it was detected?

Please I am not trying to be a smart ass just asking a few questions. I mean if I could get this car to run the way it is supposed to with a tune and not void my warranty I would definatley be interested. It seems the only way right now to get the L99 to run like we were led to believe it would is to void your warranty and get a tune.
I asked my sales associates this questions and here is the reply I got from one of them:

First of all you must understand the way that GM can detect a tune, and what tools they supply the dealer with. The only thing the Dealerships can detect is a special code embedded within the calibration. Our undetectable tune option retains this special code. Now as far as backing it up, we have the same tools here that the dealers use to "detect" tunes. We have done it here, it works, we have taken car's to dealers to test it, it worked flawlessly. We have done numerous cars with this option, and not one has ever had an issue with the dealer when they checked for tunes.

To guarantee that your warranty won't be voided would be impossible for any tuner, or after market part manufacturer to guarantee. Look at it this way, every dealer is different. I had a dealer years ago that said they wouldn't work on my car because I had a k&n filter in it and that voids your warranty. What did I do? took my car to another dealer and they worked on it, and they now get my business for new cars. On the other hand we have dealers that warranty transmissions in cars that produce over 650 rwhp with boost, heads, cam, headers, and drag radials all installed still when the car was taken in for warranty.

All that GM's "new" warranty policy states is if you are replacing an engine under warranty, you must show a screen shot of this special code and attach it along with your warranty claim. If the code matches, you're golden, if it doesn't, you aren't. But this is where we come in, any normal shop that tunes your car loses this special code when tuning the car because they do not have the correct capability to retain it.

-Rick

post #4 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Rick,

Can you download your stock tune back down before going to dealer? I know most hand helds allow for this....

Thanks,

Current: 08 SRT4 Caliber - bolt on's, 350/353 fwhp (superflow autodyne30) 7/9/09
Past: 07 Nissan 350Z HR - white, base 6sp
03 Mustang Cobra - bolt on's, 460/472 rwhp (dynojet)
post #5 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]vernois View Post
I asked my sales associates this questions and here is the reply I got from one of them:

First of all you must understand the way that GM can detect a tune, and what tools they supply the dealer with. The only thing the Dealerships can detect is a special code embedded within the calibration. Our undetectable tune option retains this special code. Now as far as backing it up, we have the same tools here that the dealers use to "detect" tunes. We have done it here, it works, we have taken car's to dealers to test it, it worked flawlessly. We have done numerous cars with this option, and not one has ever had an issue with the dealer when they checked for tunes.

To guarantee that your warranty won't be voided would be impossible for any tuner, or after market part manufacturer to guarantee. Look at it this way, every dealer is different. I had a dealer years ago that said they wouldn't work on my car because I had a k&n filter in it and that voids your warranty. What did I do? took my car to another dealer and they worked on it, and they now get my business for new cars. On the other hand we have dealers that warranty transmissions in cars that produce over 650 rwhp with boost, heads, cam, headers, and drag radials all installed still when the car was taken in for warranty.

All that GM's "new" warranty policy states is if you are replacing an engine under warranty, you must show a screen shot of this special code and attach it along with your warranty claim. If the code matches, you're golden, if it doesn't, you aren't. But this is where we come in, any normal shop that tunes your car loses this special code when tuning the car because they do not have the correct capability to retain it.

-Rick
Thanks. I appreciate your response. It is just aggravating that some of us L99 people need a tune to get it going. Is there a particular mileage you would recommend waiting for to get a tune?

Thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzdeep View Post
Rick,

Can you download your stock tune back down before going to dealer? I know most hand helds allow for this....

Thanks,
Yes, you can install the stock tune before going to dealer. This would just require you saving the stock file that you read out and send to us for modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp2010redjewel View Post
Thanks. I appreciate your response. It is just aggravating that some of us L99 people need a tune to get it going. Is there a particular mileage you would recommend waiting for to get a tune?

Thanks
No problem. They are pretty well broken in by 1,000 or so miles, but we've tuned them with as low as 10 miles (straight from the dealer to us)

-Rick
post #7 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 11:59 AM

Great info and questions!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

From a customer on another site regarding the interface:

HohlShot

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to HohlShot

I would like to start by saying I'm very impressed as well as pleased with every aspect of Livernois Tuning Product and the Customer Service I have recieved thus far... I sent my stock ECM/TCM files well after business hours, befor going to bed I was checking my Email's for the day, and to my surprise I had already been sent back my stock files adjusted and calibrated to be installed... I downloaded and went directly to the car to install the new files... I just got back from a 50 mile drive and I must say I'm very pleased, what a kick in the pants my new 2010 Camaro is to drive, the most noticable is the huge difference the tuning made to the Tranny... I had no engine codes, my DOD/AFM did not come on, the throttle responce was very nice and the tranny BARKS second gear now like an old school Tranny... All In All my hats off to everyone involved in this tuning process... Thank You very much for such a hassle free and totally enjoyable experience... And NO all you that wish to put your 2 cents where it doesn't belong... I'm not an employee, I'm not a paid spokesman, I'm just a truely satisfied customer...

Thank You
Robert Hohl
post #9 of 9 Old 09-19-2011, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHD View Post
The shop thatís doing my tune claims they can do it without GM knowing and put the old one back in. These posts are from 2009, has GM learned any tricks to detect tunes since then?
The only car I know this to be true for now is the G8. With the Camaro, GM can tell.

-Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page