Superchips - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Superchips

I was wondering if there is any interest in Superchips. I have a personnal contact with a representative, who now has my car. They are testing their product to confirm the gains they achieved with the first car. They are also testing a few CAIs and exhaust to check the compatibility. They tell me they are a few weeks away from releasing the product for all Camaros.

2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12 - Oracle DRL LEDs, Fog LEDs, Defenderworxs Black vent inserts
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09 - Oracle DRL LEDs, Oracle SMD Afterburner LEDs, K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster Thunder series axle back, Heritage Grill, Superchips Tune, Defenderworxs Black vent inserts
1983 S10 - 383 stroker (10 second monster)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

As of right now, my car is at Superchips being tested and tuned. I am told that they have finished the 93 tune and are finishing up the 91 tune. As I get more information, I will post it.
DJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_A236288a.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	4147  

2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12 - Oracle DRL LEDs, Fog LEDs, Defenderworxs Black vent inserts
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09 - Oracle DRL LEDs, Oracle SMD Afterburner LEDs, K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster Thunder series axle back, Heritage Grill, Superchips Tune, Defenderworxs Black vent inserts
post #3 of 9 Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Superchips

Well, that is really gonna depend on the different dealers and GM's attitude toward the ECU having been re-programmed. Supposedly they can tell even if you "return to stock" before taking it in.

I am currently on the fence thought my dealer is cool and said they would stand behind it. But you know how that goes...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

post #4 of 9 Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

with Superchips flashpack, when you choose to go back to factory settings, it takes all of the programing off of the ecu. Just adding a tune to factory, or even lightly modified cars, is not going to hurt your car unless your drive it like an .........

post #5 of 9 Old 11-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Silver 2SS View Post
with Superchips flashpack, when you choose to go back to factory settings, it takes all of the programing off of the ecu. Just adding a tune to factory, or even lightly modified cars, is not going to hurt your car unless your drive it like an .........
I know, I use it on my C1500. But I have read (and others have stated) that on our cars even when you put it back to stock, there is a counter or some sort of evidence that it has been reprogrammed and returned to stock.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 9 Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM

thanks for sharing.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

I will re confirm with the Superchips gurus tomorrow and let you know.

post #8 of 9 Old 11-28-2009, 06:34 PM

Regardless if they can tell or not that the computer was reflashed, first they would need to prove that you had a performance tune in it, then they would have to prove that the tune caused the problem before they could void your warranty. Neither of which would be easy for a dealer to do.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJPE View Post
Regardless if they can tell or not that the computer was reflashed, first they would need to prove that you had a performance tune in it, then they would have to prove that the tune caused the problem before they could void your warranty. Neither of which would be easy for a dealer to do.
Not exactly. If the drivetrain component is needing warranty repair, there's a new requirement dictating that a copy of the computer screen be included with warranty repairs concerning drivetrain components. Apparently there's a way they can tell. If there's history of a computer tune not authorized by GM, the drivetrain warranty is voided if the service writer or whoever authorizes the warranty work says so. Plain and simple. And good luck fighting that if it gets voided. Not saying it's not possible to fake it and get by with it, but to me that's fraud and I'd never even try that.

Best advice is if you want to keep your warranty, don't fool around with any tunes. If you want to roll the dice, don't complain if they catch you and void the warranty.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page