2010 camaro LS3 M6 Tune question? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

2010 camaro LS3 M6 Tune question?

anyone know the tweaks for custom tuning the M6s? i talked to a guy and he said that they havnt got much from the m6s after tuning. they have got major gains from the A6 because torque management, AFM, etc. but not from the manuals. It just seems odd that the A6 will run so much better than the manuals after tuning and be faster on the track when the manual has a LS3, even tho they are almost the same motor. but i got an intake on the way and want to get mine tuned but its so hard to spend 200 for the tune and not see the gains.. almost not worth it but im still gonna do it. anyone got suggestions or have seen good dyno results from m6 tunes and can list some specs changed? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

How little is "not much"? Might want to talk to another tuner.

The M6 has torque management too. The A6 just seems to pick up more because the transmission can be tuned to shift much better/faster. Even if it doesn't pick up huge dyno #'s...the car will run much better, throttle response will be much improved. Since your getting an intake, definitely wait to get the tune (unless your tuner offers free updates).

Mine was done, but I also added a Vararam at the same time, so I can't give you tune-only results.

here's the results I did get...
https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...t=dyno+vararam

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 01-13-2010 at 12:20 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

I didnt know m6s had torque manage.! Yea i knew that about the A6. Im pretty sure he will do a free update. It would be nice because i was gonna dyno it also.. donno if he will dyno it twice but im gonna try without having to pay twice and see the gains from adding just the tune and just the vararam intake. To see exactly how much just the intake will get me minus the ram air affect considering i had the tune before the intake. Can you find out all the modifcations besides torque manag and MAF adjustments just for my knowlegde? this guy is one of the best tuners around but if u got those gains i would like to try the same setup (+/- altitude,density,whatever bc of location.)

post #4 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm2003 View Post
I didnt know m6s had torque manage.! Yea i knew that about the A6. Im pretty sure he will do a free update. It would be nice because i was gonna dyno it also.. donno if he will dyno it twice but im gonna try without having to pay twice and see the gains from adding just the tune and just the vararam intake. To see exactly how much just the intake will get me minus the ram air affect considering i had the tune before the intake. Can you find out all the modifcations besides torque manag and MAF adjustments just for my knowlegde? this guy is one of the best tuners around but if u got those gains i would like to try the same setup (+/- altitude,density,whatever bc of location.)

M6 definitely has torque management. I don't think my guy will share his secrets...but there were TONS of adjustments he made, he tuned for hours to make sure everything was perfect. He used my setup to write tunes for the Vararam guys, so his tune might be available through them at some point.

The Vararam is tough to tune on the dyno, because it's not going to get enough air...I'd make sure they at least check the tune on the street.

Where are you located...just curious.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
post #5 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

In Baton Rouge Louisiana. yea he will street check it for sure!! Yea I understand with all this competition bw performance companies wanting to have the best stuff out there for our car and not wanting to just give it away after their hard work.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm2003 View Post
In Baton Rouge Louisiana. yea he will street check it for sure!! Yea I understand with all this competition bw performance companies wanting to have the best stuff out there for our car and not wanting to just give it away after their hard work.
And it's all a little over my head, or I'd try tell you. I know he spends a lot of time and $$$ staying up on the latest techniques and software, so he's probably not in a rush to share.

Quote:
post #7 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks anyway tho for your help! Im gonna get mine in and wait and see what happens
post #8 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

from what i've seen the best way to tune the vararam for steady cruising and WOT would be on the street with the computer and a wideband o2 sensor hooked up to the car.

powerfreak: did y'all do any actual driving tests when you tuned yours or was it just on the dyno?

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #9 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
from what i've seen the best way to tune the vararam for steady cruising and WOT would be on the street with the computer and a wideband o2 sensor hooked up to the car.

powerfreak: did y'all do any actual driving tests when you tuned yours or was it just on the dyno?
It was tuned 100% on the street...my tuner doesn't have a dyno.

Quote:

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 01-13-2010 at 05:45 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

I'm thinking you need to speak with a different shop! Check out the sponsors on the right -- they will get you set up.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page