Need an opinion on tuning - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Need an opinion on tuning

I just turned 100 miles and i have the Diablosport Predator for my car, the question is should i put tune in now or wait until the "break-in" period is over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member

I'd personally break it in under normal conditions, but that's just me. Some people argue there is no such thing as a break in period or that you should literally drive it as hard as you can to break it in... who really knows, just don't go cracking blocks or grinding gears.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

break it in make sure the car is fine before you tune it thats what i would do, the car feels better and better as you break it in

post #4 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

with the diablosport predator, all the break-in adjustments that the computer makes gets reset anyways. you are safe to load the tune from 0 miles. put about 100 miles on the vehicle after installing the tune, then dial in your fuel trims for added power and mpg... visit the diablosport forums for more info on how to do that!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #5 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok Thanks. "'red jewel" did you remove the fuse for the onstar also and if so where is the fuse pannel? I have not looked for it yet.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

I didn't want to say this, but I will anyways. Yes, I realize that I'm probably providing an opening for a here, but..

You have a Predator that you want to use to tune your car. That's fine, it's a pretty good one to use for that purpose. Your initial question is reasonable, tune it now or wait till after break-in, I get that. The you say you don't know where the fuse panel is.......if you're going to use a tuner but you don't know the answer to that question, you probably should do a LOT of research so that you at least have an inkling of an idea about what you're going to do to that car. At the forum RedJewel2SS mentioned, you will probably find some adjustments or even a full tune for the parts/purpose you are planning to do, that may be your safest route.

I don't know what you do or don't know about tuning an LS3/L99, I'm just saying, if you don't know where the parts are on this car, why would you try to tune it yourself?

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #7 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I understand what your saying and you are correct in every aspect, If someone has never tuned a car they should do research first. I had a Monte Carlo SS before this car and i used the predator on that car and the instructions stated that I needed to pull the fuse for the onstar, I traded the predator in on bought the new one for the Camaro but did not recieve a manual with it so I was just asking if it was the same as far as pulling any fuses that may cause any interuption during loading a tune(which I asume it is).

So i guess the way I asked my question sounded like I was unsure of a lot of things but I did not mean it that way.

Also ( TX SS) Thank You for the p.m you replied with, now its is very clear to me what I need to do with the lights.

Last edited by ffej0127; 02-02-2010 at 07:38 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 06:35 AM

I've got 55w in my lows and get no bulb warnings. Some people have had issues with the bulb out warning with the 35w kit, not everyone so it could model year specific. DDM will also replace a burnt out bulb under the warranty, I had one go out and they sent me a new pair. Definitely don't run 55w in the fogs, I've heard that it can melt the lens and/or housing.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

i didn't pull any fuses when i tuned the car and everything, including onstar works fine! i think diablosport fixed that bug.

there is a fuse panel on the driver's side dash, BE CAREFUL pulling this off, i nearly broke one of the clips trying to get it off to replace a blown aux power fuse (thanks to the china built compressor in the trunk!).

if the onstar fuse is not labelled in there, then it will be in the fuse box in the engine bay, which is on the passenger side in front of the engine, you can't miss the giant black box!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 02-02-2010 at 10:42 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

the reason they tell you to pull the OnStar fuse is because in case onstar decides to communicate with your ECM at the same time you happen to be flashing a tune to your car... their communication to the ecm will interrupt the tune flash you're doing, and could brick the ecm...

that being said... I've had a predator for 4.5 years (and now a trinity), and after the first half dozen times of flashing the car and pulling the fuse, I stopped pulling it out and never had an issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page