Bought the Predator! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Bought the Predator!

Well guys, I did it. Broke down and bought the Diablosport Predator last night! Actually my wife back in the States ordered it for me. Nice little tax return gift for myself! Bought it off Maryland Speed site after I saw this deal: http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...09-p-2561.html

Thanks RJ for the advice on getting the Pred vs. Trinity. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. My Halltech Yellow Jacket should be installed this week at the dealer. It's going to be so nice. I'll come home on leave, drive the car for the first time and it will already have the intake on it. I figure I'll drive it for a couple of days to get used to how it performs with just the intake. Then I'll install the Diablo tune and see how it changes things. I can't wait! Just a few weeks left and I get to drive this beast!

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelly73 View Post
Well guys, I did it. Broke down and bought the Diablosport Predator last night! Actually my wife back in the States ordered it for me. Nice little tax return gift for myself! Bought it off Maryland Speed site after I saw this deal: http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...09-p-2561.html

Thanks RJ for the advice on getting the Pred vs. Trinity. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. My Halltech Yellow Jacket should be installed this week at the dealer. It's going to be so nice. I'll come home on leave, drive the car for the first time and it will already have the intake on it. I figure I'll drive it for a couple of days to get used to how it performs with just the intake. Then I'll install the Diablo tune and see how it changes things. I can't wait! Just a few weeks left and I get to drive this beast!

Adam

good deal! i bet it is easy enough for your wife to install the canned tune for you, unless you'd rather wait. it takes about 20 minutes initially, updating the tool online, reading the original tune for backup, then installing the Diablo Tune!!! after the tool is updated it is a breeze.

you ought to signup for the diablosport forum here. you will be able to get lots of additional info about calibrating your fuel for even more power and mileage, as well as getting a custom tune if you have lots of modifications beyond long tube headers like cams, supercharger, and stuff like that.

just look for the forum post from a guy named 06MonteSS, he is the encyclopedia of diablosport tuning!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 61 Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I've seen alot of posts by Monte before. I will definately join that forum. My wife won't feel comfortable doing the tune though, plus I want to drive it first then install the tune so I can feel the difference it will make. I can't wait to try it out though. It will also be nice to disable AFM, especially since you said it only made 1 MPG difference for you. I saw that deal on Marylandspeed and I couldn't pass it up. Normally you see that price for just the Predator then additional cost for the USB kit. Really looking forward to getting home and driving this beast!

post #4 of 61 Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah I've seen alot of posts by Monte before. I will definately join that forum. My wife won't feel comfortable doing the tune though, plus I want to drive it first then install the tune so I can feel the difference it will make. I can't wait to try it out though. It will also be nice to disable AFM, especially since you said it only made 1 MPG difference for you. I saw that deal on Marylandspeed and I couldn't pass it up. Normally you see that price for just the Predator then additional cost for the USB kit. Really looking forward to getting home and driving this beast!
is that the website selling it with a free PC interface? i think they are the only ones doing that with the predator, and the pc interface is a must to update to newer revisions!

EDIT: it is, and they are selling it for $40 cheaper than anywhere else with free shipping, i think i posted this somewhere awhile back.

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #5 of 61 Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that is why I bought from them. Couldn't find a better deal anywhere else. Plus I got a thermostat on top of it!

Last edited by agkelly73; 03-08-2010 at 09:59 AM.
post #6 of 61 Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah that is why I bought from them. Couldn't find a better deal anywhere else. Most of the time you pay that amount for just the Predator. Then an additional 30-40 for the USB kit. Plus I got a thermostat on top of it!
good deal! talk with Lew (06MonteSS) about how to adjust your fan settings for the new thermostat... it will make a big difference in temp once the fan controls are tuned for it!

i haven't done the thermostat yet, but might this summer

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #7 of 61 Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

no need to change the t-stats...

the stockers are 187* t-stats... and the fan settings can't be changed for anything less than 192* anyway...

no power to be had by a colder t-stat... it will only stay open all the time and not allow the coolant to get cooled in the radiator... so it's not going to help ya...

and like I said.. the fan temp settings in the tune file start at 192* and go up from there... so the stock 187* t-stat is perfectly fine...
post #8 of 61 Old 03-12-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Monte, thanks for the tip. Saves me the trouble of installing something that won't do any good. Once I get everything up and running I may hit you up about dialing in fuel trims or a custom tune.
post #9 of 61 Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

cool man, np...

sounds good!
post #10 of 61 Old 03-15-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:

Adam
Are you planning on racing your Camaro?

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page