Help with a tuner - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Help with a tuner

Ok I am very old school. until this camaro all my hot rods were and are pre 74. On a tuner what recommendatiosn do you have? and which one can download the original tune and replace it when it is smog time? I live in cali so I better be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 04-10-2010, 09:27 AM

I'd go with either the Diablo Predator or Trinity and have a custom tune done. I'm very happy with my Trinity.
post #3 of 38 Old 04-13-2010, 02:13 PM

I personally have a Diablo Predator. It is not as robust as the Trinity but still gets the job done and backs up your stock tune. I installed the tune the second day driving my car and it has been awesome!

post #4 of 38 Old 04-13-2010, 02:25 PM

Get hp tuners and you can do anything you want anytime you want. Plus you will have access to their tune repository and you can just email tunes to people and what not. Well worth the money, plus you get a free data logger out of it and you can use it in multiple vehicles if you buy credits.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #5 of 38 Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

hp tuners is not the way to go for an "old-schooler"... talk about getting in over his head... hahaha..

go with the diablo Predator or the Trinity...
post #6 of 38 Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
hp tuners is not the way to go for an "old-schooler"... talk about getting in over his head... hahaha..

go with the diablo Predator or the Trinity...
Yeah, but jumping right in isnt really as bad as I thought to be. Plus there are so many ways to obtain tunes with hp tuners. It even has beginner mode which disables some of the "get yourself in trouble" tables. That and there are tuning guides that show you what to do and what to look for. For example I ordered The Tuning Schools 6l80e transmission tunning guide and its like a new car. They show you everything thats recommend to change and they tell you why to change it or what effects it has.

In the end it leaves you with a very decent trans tune that just needs a little tweaking based on personal preference...which they explain too.

I was scared to order it, but my wife got it for me for Christmas and Ive had probably like 20 different tunes in my car already just trying different things out. Plus you cant beat the logging/ diagnostic /recording features.

The main reason I like hp tuners is it helps me grow as a car guy, where as plug and play units leave me dependent. Plus the prices are near the same now a days. Id say dive in and get the most bang for your buck.

In the end you can take the red pill or the blue pill. LOL.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #7 of 38 Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

well said...
post #8 of 38 Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 AM

Monte! good to see a good tuner on this forum as well. I swear i'll do my last WOT run and send it to you this week. The car is back and Its gonna be nice out.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Pipeline Intake, 3" Flowmaster CB, JBA LT's, Ported Polished Heads, Full JBL Custom Sound System, Ceramic Tint, Hotchkis Race Pack suspension, AeroForce Gauges / Gauge Pod, 22" Huntington Bolsa 22's Cam Specs: 236/244 .602/.612 @ 112LSA
Horsepower/Torque 497/436
post #9 of 38 Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Monte! good to see a good tuner on this forum as well. I swear i'll do my last WOT run and send it to you this week. The car is back and Its gonna be nice out.
HAHAHHA!!! yeah, I'm everywhere!!

ok man, sounds good...

post #10 of 38 Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM

I just got a tune done the guy was using HP tune I really do not fell much a difference any one know why ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page