Tune Question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Tune Question

Anyone tune the car and not really feel a big difference ?? I just got mine done and have mixed emotions I got long tube headers, Exhaust, High flow Cats, and CAI any help would be appreciated. I do have the guy coming back tomorrow but really don't know what to recommend to him except for I do not feel much of a difference

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member

If he knows what he's doing, you should definitely feel a difference in throttle response alone. Maybe he didn't touch the torque management?

If you have an A6 and the trans was tuned, the difference should be HUGE. In an M6 it should still feel a lot more "snappy".

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-04-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
If he knows what he's doing, you should definitely feel a difference in throttle response alone. Maybe he didn't touch the torque management?

If you have an A6 and the trans was tuned, the difference should be HUGE. In an M6 it should still feel a lot more "snappy".
I do have a M6 it does feel a bit more snappy but every were I read people are like oh my what a difference my car has awaken form the dead with a tune but its not all that this is why I was wondering Thanks

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 AM

I used a Diablo Predator on my A6 the second day I drove it and noticed a difference right off the bat. I only have a CAI on mine at this point as far as bolt ons. The first day stomping on it from a dead stop with traction control on it wouldn't break loose at all. After the tune, breaking loose with TC still on and better acceleration! WOOHOO! I'm sure the more bolt ons I put on, the better it will feel. Buddy of mine got a tune at Camaro Fest with a M6 and once he did, he was having to learn how to shift all over again! LOL. He was breaking loose all the way to 4th.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 09:12 AM

Our results with a LS3 M6
We started out with a base dyno of 380rwhp / 394rwtq. Bone stock, no changes. With some dyno tuning we were able to pull 405rwhp /426rwtq.
(That is very noticable)

After the installation of the American Racing headers, the numbers were very impressive! 427rwhp / 453rwtq! These headers really woke the car up and gave it a strong exhaust tone that sounded good all the way through the powerband. We were now 47hp / 59tq over our baseline runs.

In our final phase of the project, we threw on a Roto-Fab CAI, modified the 50lbs injectors, and a Magnuson Supercharger. After some final tuning on the dyno and 7lbs of boost later. We had a total of 564rwhp / 584rwtq.

http://www.engineeredvictories.com/Fugitive/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page