Help..New Camaro mods.. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Help..New Camaro mods..

Hello,

This my 1st time on the forums and my 1st Camaro. I just picked it up friday..
Its a SS RS Automatic. I want to put a cold air intake, a tunner and a exuast from the cat back.. what would be the best recomondations with out spending a fortune.. thanks for the help

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassett View Post
Hello,

This my 1st time on the forums and my 1st Camaro. I just picked it up friday..
Its a SS RS Automatic. I want to put a cold air intake, a tunner and a exuast from the cat back.. what would be the best recomondations with out spending a fortune.. thanks for the help

Don
I really like the flowmaster cat-back exhaust just installed mine and it sounds amazin!! also lookin for a cold air intake myself still comparing a few different ones.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

thanks I'll check it out.. enjoy the car I know I am..

post #4 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

as far as exhaust goes it has been suggested by other members before to do a youtube search and listen to clips of exhaust to see what you like the sound of

nothing worse then spending a little or alot of money and then be disappointed with the sound

there are alot of CAI's out there. search cold air intakes on the forum and start reading about other's experiences and form your own opinions as to what you think may work for you. get your list together and start calling around for prices or check out the sponsors here.

keep your budget in mind when you are ordering, but don't sacrafice what you want either. if you have to order a couple things or one item at a time then do that instead of ordering it all at once and then being disappointed cuz you were not able to get what you really wanted

i would go CAI first
then exhaust
then tuner

but these are just my opinions lol. hope some of this helped you

congrats on your car

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

hehe perma grin always activated I also wanted to add I heard the headers are decent so unless your gonna go with long headers its best to just leave in the stock ones. It sounds like your only lookin for a catback exhaust so your all golden!!
post #6 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM

Congrats and Howdy from NE TX. I have been looking for a CAI myself but haven't found a good mix between money and performance.

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #7 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

I did the GMPP Axle-back exhaust, then a AIRAID CAI, then a tune. I have the manual LS3, I am pretty happy with the sound & performance increases of my mods so far. There are other members who have posted better gains using other manufacturers, but I really like the sound the GMPP exhaust puts out, and I don't need every neighbor to know when I come down the block if it's 3am and I don't want attention. Like kitty said, do the reasearch, Powerfreak has posted some really good results from Vararam, but his was a prototype/beta model, from what I understand there are still restraints on thier CAI. So keep in mind even though the LS# engines have been around quite a while that you are still in 2010, and that is the year your car is, there will be advances and better products as time goes by, don't be too antsy to get through the bolt-ons, it is going to be like a computer for a while, what you buy today will be out classed in 6 months.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!

Last edited by cigam21; 05-17-2010 at 10:14 AM.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

i love borla for the catback. but depends how much you want to spend. borla and corsa are on the higher end. flowmaster and magnaflow would be better choices on the lower end(money wise i mean)

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #9 of 18 Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for the advice.. I will have to do some research and go from there.. I'll let you know what i come up with.. Any thoughs on the Hennessey HPE Air Intake Kit??
post #10 of 18 Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassett View Post
Thank you everyone for the advice.. I will have to do some research and go from there.. I'll let you know what i come up with.. Any thoughs on the Hennessey HPE Air Intake Kit??
been lookin into that as well it didnt seem to get very good ratings from our site vote on best air intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page