Bought the Predator!!! How do I activate his wrist bomb!!!??? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Bought the Predator!!! How do I activate his wrist bomb!!!???

Got the Predator and I am in love!!! Turned off the DOD thank u God!!!! Awsome easy product I wish all modz where this easy!!! will post pics later and a few by steps if anyone has any

My is can I find a custom pre set map for my specific aftermarket CAI & Exhaust? I have the hook up for the predator for my labtop. I was hoping I dont have to go in for a tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

check this out:

http://www.dslogredux.com/index.html

the help section has a user guide on data logging. put about 100-150 miles on the car with the tune installed and then do a data log, analyze it and adjust your fueling accordingly.

you really don't need a custom tune until you get headers. but it is much easier after getting the custom tune if you have already adjusted the fueling.

if you want to get a custom tune after you get the current one settled in and adjusted contact 06MonteSS or Jannetty Racing for one.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 13 Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

correct... I can hook you up with a sweet custom tune... but, you can't just use a tune file already done for someone else.. the tune files are tied to the car's specific VIN number and calibration ID's... so, you'd have to export copies of your tune files, and then the custom tune gets made from those...

post #4 of 13 Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

sweet thanks for the info guys
post #5 of 13 Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Ken

So now I have the Predator.

Did the Dyno before and after. 384rwhp before, 397rwhp after. The only mod is a MGW Shifter.

I guess I should do the RotoFab CAI and some Exhaust work, run it a couple of days...then what?

Do I need to hook the Predator back up and drive the car with it in data log mode?
What I am asking is do I need to leave the thing connected to the OBD2 Connector while I am driving around and if so for how long and should I be hauling A** so to speak?

Or hook it up and download some sort of data after I make the mods and drive a couple of days?

After all of that I get with 06MonteSS to custome tune the predator?

Do I have some of this right?
Thanks,
Ken
post #6 of 13 Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

once you install those parts, reinstall the tune so that the fuel trims reset, then put about 100-150 miles on the car before doing the data logging.

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #7 of 13 Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Ken

My question is--> To do the data logging, do I need to drive the car around with the predator hooked to the OBD2 Connector? and if so how should I drive it, peddel to the metal or like the police are following me around?

Also what do you mean by reinstall the tune after the new mods? The tune is already installed.

Last edited by Ken; 07-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
My question is--> To do the data logging, do I need to drive the car around with the predator hooked to the OBD2 Connector? and if so how should I drive it, peddel to the metal or like the police are following me around?

Also what do you mean by reinstall the tune after the new mods? The tune is already installed.
right, just go through the steps like you did the first time and install it over the current one.

check out my earlier post with the dslogredux link. go to that link, click on the help tab at the top, and read the user guide, it tells you how you should drive when logging certain things.

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #9 of 13 Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

yes, you have to have the predator hooked up in order to data log the car...

you need to do a steady drive/cruise on the highway (not WOT, hauling ass), keeping your rpms between 1800-2000....

and you need to select these parameters to record/log:

Air Fuel Ratio (Equivalence Ratio) = Under FUEL menu

Long Term fuel trim bank 1 = under FUEL menu

Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2 = under FUEL menu

Spark Advance = under IGNITION menu

Intake air Temp = under INTAKE menu

MAF Sensor Mass Air Flow = under INTAKE menu

Total Knock Spark Retard = under MISFIRE menu

Engine Speed (RPM) = under PERFORMANCE menu

Commanded Throttle position = under THROTTLE menu

here's some info about data logging:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917
post #10 of 13 Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

with my mods being already in the car for a few hundred miles do I have to do the data logging as well to achieve the best setup? or does the originnal
1st performance tune I did setup perfectly? I would think with the parts already installed when I installed the programmer it would pick them up the
1st time or would it be better to run some data logging?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page