The BEAST is unleased Today by TampaTuning ! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-30-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The BEAST is unleased Today by TampaTuning !

I had my Beast unleashed today that was hidden within my GM's factory computer settings.
I had my 2 month old 2011 2SS/RS, with only 2000 miles on it tuned today by TampaTuning.
I got up early this Saturday morning to make a road trip from the Orlando area to Tampa. Just about 2 hours normally. I arrived over an hour early from all the excitement that was about to unfold today. It was like waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. I met Phil, from TampaTuning. The fun was about to begin. All I can say is AWESOME! The hole process was focused on getting my car dialed in to that perfct setting. I was educated through out the whole process. One thing I know is; that Phil knows his tuning. I searched around the Orlando area for about a month. I could not find the gut wrenching feeling that I was going to get a great job from my local tuning shops. When I contacted Phil from TampaTuning; I new with out a doubt that he was the one I wanted. He actually took the time to explain everything he was going to do to make the car run to it's true potential.
Phil I just want say thanks for the awesome tune and unleashing the Beast.
I highly recomend TAMPATUNING.COM

2011 2SS/RS 400hp+ IOM. / K&N CAI./ V Max Throtle Body / Pypes Headers, high flo cats & Pype Bomb exhaust. / American Racing Torque M Wheels. / CBD Rear Wing. SLP "SS" Badges and tuned by "TampaTuning.com" ......more to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Garage
Sounds like you are well pleased If not to personal , how much does a tune like that cost ?

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Tuning is the key GrassHopper

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4

post #4 of 16 Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
That is really awesome. Phil is a great guy and a great tuner! I'm glad you went to him. Keep us posted on any new developments.
post #5 of 16 Old 05-01-2011, 08:03 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Tampa Tuning

I think you need a new license plate now

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. We took our time first setting up the transmission. There's over 170 tables to change on the A6s. I like setting up the transmission first so the driver can get used to it to determine if they want something changed over the couple hour tuning session.

Then we started dialing in the MAF. I lock the transmission in 4th with my HP Tuners, while the driver cruises on a long steady straightaway at 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000 RPMs, then letting the RPMs fall to 2000 RPMs and do it again while changing the tune after each data collection. We repeat that a couple times till the fuel trims are dialed in. That is so your car will have better low end response and drivability................. where you spend most of your time.

Then the WOT starts. I set up the power enrichment and fuel tables for my commanded AFR. After I determine how much Spark and Fuel the car's set up will tolerate, I move back into tuning the high end of the MAF for WOT. I set up my scanner to determine how much AFR error there is on the high end of the MAF to be able dial in the final AFR numbers. I have several PIDs and configurations set up on my HP Tuner scanner for WOT, Transmission settings, and cruise tuning.

I enjoy educating the car's owner on what im doing to the car because they should know what's being changed and how it effects the vehicle's performance.

It was a pleasure meeting you brent and enjoy the car now

PS I miss envy

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
post #6 of 16 Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM

phil can really dial it in, can't he.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-01-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just got in from out Hot Rodding my a car little bit. I almost scare myself. Not!!
As for a need for speed; how much is too much?
Thank you TampaTuning; I love what you have done for me........

2011 2SS/RS 400hp+ IOM. / K&N CAI./ V Max Throtle Body / Pypes Headers, high flo cats & Pype Bomb exhaust. / American Racing Torque M Wheels. / CBD Rear Wing. SLP "SS" Badges and tuned by "TampaTuning.com" ......more to come.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

You guys are funny !

Now im a manual shift guy, but I really like the way the A6 come out after tuning. Changing all the tables is time consuming, but once changed, they shift really cool.

I just like taking my time, reviewing my scanner data, listening to the owner, and have owners happy with the outcome.

Its fun for me to and I want you to enjoy how the car drives.

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
post #9 of 16 Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Support MC & Troops

you guys for getting this tune done, Phil is a great guy (!) &
hats off to you my good man to going to him and having the tune done

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 16 Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Nothing like a well tuned Camaro, enjoy.

2011- 2SS-RS -ARH LT Headers, K&N CAI-Phadt Sway Bars and Lowering Springs-Lloyd Floor Mats-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page