self tuning with diablosport trinity - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

self tuning with diablosport trinity

i have a 2010 camaro 2ss/rs 6.2 automatic trans. i'm running diablosport trinity canned performance tune, and it is sweet. but my ? is this. i'm installing kooks lt headers, borla stinger/attak catback exhaust and roto-fab cai this sat. sep.3rd. does any body have any idea on what i'm going to have to do to get close on the tuning or what parameters i'm going to have to change to get it run well enough to get a good log from it. this really sucks that i've dropped better than 3 grand on a package and have to pay more for a custom tune. i've e-mailed lew with diablo but haven't gotten a responce yet. now i have a $600.00 tuner that was only good enough for me to get a canned tune on a for couple of days. any suggestions and all help will be greatly appreciated. anbody got a crom file that comes close. once again if nothing else thanks for reading this book. thanks, randy r.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-04-2011, 11:04 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrushton View Post
i have a 2010 camaro 2ss/rs 6.2 automatic trans. i'm running diablosport trinity canned performance tune, and it is sweet. but my ? is this. i'm installing kooks lt headers, borla stinger/attak catback exhaust and roto-fab cai this sat. sep.3rd. does any body have any idea on what i'm going to have to do to get close on the tuning or what parameters i'm going to have to change to get it run well enough to get a good log from it. this really sucks that i've dropped better than 3 grand on a package and have to pay more for a custom tune. i've e-mailed lew with diablo but haven't gotten a responce yet. now i have a $600.00 tuner that was only good enough for me to get a canned tune on a for couple of days. any suggestions and all help will be greatly appreciated. anbody got a crom file that comes close. once again if nothing else thanks for reading this book. thanks, randy r.
when did you email me??? what's your email address??? because I don't recall seeing an email from you...

you'll need to do some data logging to see where your average fuel trims are at... and you can adjust your fueling...

but you're going to need a custom tune at least to disable the necessary trouble codes/items for the lt headers/cats... but you'll be leaving some performance on the table - what that setup, I would recommend getting the complete custom tune.

crom files are only revision updates for the trinity.. . .grg files are tune files... and no, you can't share tune files... you can't use someone else's tune file - tune files are tied to a vehicle's VIN number and engine calibration ID's... if you want a custom tune, you have to have one made specfically for your vehicle, from copies of the tune files from YOUR car...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-04-2011 at 11:06 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Really, dude? You just spent over 3 grand on parts not to mention the $35K+ you spent on this sweet car and you want to save a few bucks on the tune? Man, that's the most important step! Can't tell you how many motors we've seen blown up or damaged by poor tuning. And MonteSS is absolutely correct - you will only get the true performance capability from your mods when it's properly tuned. And believe me, although your Trinity is a great little tool, unless you're a trained tuner and have a dyno at your disposal, you DO NOT have the skills to properly tune that car yourself. Spend a few more bucks and get it done right. You'll be really happy with the result.

Cheers,
Rick

post #4 of 5 Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

lew and i got hooked up and he got me going. i must say dealing with lew has been a pleasure. the only thing i was trying to do is get a little better idea about the process. i will be the first to admit i do a little bit of over thinking(o.k. alot of over thinking) when i do anything. anyway my stepson and me got all the mechanical work done on sat. and lew had me a custom tune by tues.. man this thing is a rocket. a work buddy of mine pulled up beside me today in his iroc and hollerded " they don't make them like they used to" well i blowed him off the road. i will ask him at work mon. what he thinks now. i know his car was vibrating as i blew by him. oh thanks to lew, she is a rocket now.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Kooks Lt's,Borla Stinger/Attak Catback Exhaust,CAI,Diablotune
CMR Chevy, Ford, Dodge (gas)
In House Mustang Dyno

Last edited by lrushton; 09-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

haha, nice!!

glad you're happy with it man!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page