tuners up north - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 12-09-2011, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

tuners up north

Anyone know of a tuner in the Oshawa Ont area????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Try Jannetty Racing in the states they do it on the internet and do a great job I had mine done you won`t regret it.
post #3 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM

Garage

post #4 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Thnx for the suggestions! When u say they do it over the internet, what does that mean?
post #5 of 17 Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM

Garage
It means that if you have a programmable hand held tuner like a Diablosport (Predator, Trinity, or In-tune) they can email you a tune. All you have to do is download it to the hand held tuner then install it in the car yourself. I just received an email from SPI a couple weeks ago because I`m installing longtubes and hi-flow cats and I don`t want the stupid check engine light to come on. I had asked them if I had a Predotar tuner if they would be able to download my tune into the programmer (because I want the option to return to stock tune for warrantee work). They told me to wait about a month and by that time they would have the software from Diablosport to do it. They said that due to how many people were asking for this option, it was a good idea to get it. However the tune is not cheap. I was quoted at $600 for the dyno & tune. Mail order tune is ok. But custom tune can`t be beat. Can`t wait til the snow and salt are gone because that`s my 1st road trip of the year.hahaha
post #6 of 17 Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Anyone know of a tuner in the Oshawa Ont area????
I went to DL Motorsports in Burlington but didn't want a tune yet. They can do all cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	12881  

Uncle BoB in Oakville, Ontario
2010 Camaro 1SS 6M, Victory Red
ordered January 4th, 2010; delivered March 5th, 2010
http://unclebob.mangle.ca
post #7 of 17 Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 AM

Garage
Thank Uncle Bob. I looked up DL motorsporst on google there is a guy on Southern Ontario Nissan 240sx - Network Articles that isn`t very happy with them. Check out this link. WOW!DL Motorsports Strikes again. Stay away hope he closes shop..
post #8 of 17 Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkengo View Post
Thanks Uncle Bob. I looked up DL motorsporst on google there is a guy on Southern Ontario Nissan 240sx - Network Articles that isn`t very happy with them. Check out this link. WOW!DL Motorsports Strikes again. Stay away hope he closes shop..
Thanks for the feedback. I was there when work was done on my Camaro and thought it was done OK, but if I get a tune or any other work done, I'll go to SPI in Oakville.

post #9 of 17 Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Thnx for the suggestions! When u say they do it over the internet, what does that mean?
he's talking about tunes via email... which can be done with the DiabloSport Trinity or inTune programmers... if you have or get one of those programmers, you can send copies of your tune files to a Diablosport CMR custom tuner (such as myself, or a number of others that are out there), along with recorded data logs that you're able to do with the programmer, and the diablosport custom tuner can create you a custom tune file based on that real-time data and email the tune file back to you... you import it into the diablosport programmer, and then connect the programmer to your obd port under the dash and install the tune to your car...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 02-29-2012 at 07:31 AM.
post #10 of 17 Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
he's talking about tunes via email... which can be done with the DiabloSport Trinity or inTune programmers... if you have or get one of those programmers, you can send copies of your tune files to a Diablosport CMR custom tuner (such as myself, or a number of others that are out there)
I downloaded the manuals for the inTune but haven't had a chance to look at them yet. Being in Canada, a lot of manufacturers don't or can't ship to us for various reasons. To get around this, I have my purchases sent to a US address so that I can pick them up on a vacation when I am allowed to bring in $750.00 when away for 7 days and my wife can do the same. US prices are quite a bit cheaper plus I save the 13% HST price on the goods.

I have 2 questions. Do you sell the inTune for the 2010 Camaro? and Does the inTune show air/fuel ratio?
thx,
BoB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page