Trinity Installed - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Trinity Installed

Picked up the Trinity today at Speed Unlimited in Maryland. Great shop. Huge selection and they have some really nice crate motors on display.

Anyway, after updating the Trinity and installing the canned tune, I noticed the engine running much smoother, more power, much better throttle response and less pops on deceleration... and I've absolutely fallen in love with the monitor. There's so much to learn right now... I was a bit disappointed that diablosport didn't have more custom canned tunes available, I had hoped to find something with a CAI and Cat-Back that was installed or that I could download from the site, but i didn't see anything. Am I missing something? Are all the canned tunes only octane based?

2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS
DiabloSport Trinity
Borla "S" Type Cat Back CAI Intake, Air Scoop
w/w Relo Kit, !CAGS, Hurst Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Thanks for the info, it is helpful to someone wanting to explore this path.
There are many good tuners here that can help you out.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks JWD... I can tell ya, from what I've seen so far, the support for the product is pretty outstanding. I see the same few moderators all over the web helping folks, and the forum on Diablo's site is very impressive as well.

2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS
DiabloSport Trinity

post #4 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA 2SS View Post
Thanks JWD... I can tell ya, from what I've seen so far, the support for the product is pretty outstanding. I see the same few moderators all over the web helping folks, and the forum on Diablo's site is very impressive as well.
There is a guy on their forums named 06MonteSS who will build you a custom tune from the datalogs you send him....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #5 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

preset CAI/cat-back tunes are not needed for GM's... you can adjust the fueling yourself a little in order to compensate - after you do some data logging first of course... there's a sticky on diablo's forums about data logging, what parameters to log, etc...

you can't download tunes from anywhere... can't share tunes from others.. #1 you wouldn't want to, since every vehicle is different - what works for one guy could be totally off for your car... #2 - the tune files are tied/locked to a specific vehicles VIN number and engine calibration ID's...

and yes, as hypurone mentioned, custom tuning is also available for your car/trinity to get you even more/better gains, and have a custom tune dialed in specifically for your vehicle and mods, which I can do...
post #6 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks 06MonteSS, been seeing you all over the web helping folks out. Very cool. Yeah, just getting spun up on the datalog blog you wrote up. I want to make sure I understand the procedure and do it right so you have a good set of logs to go by. I was hoping you could tell me about the diablo performance tune that was loaded. I'd imagine that would be a 93 octane? I've been able to play just a little bit today, and it is a wonderful device, and the car runs much more smoother.

2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS
DiabloSport Trinity
post #7 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA 2SS View Post
Thanks 06MonteSS, been seeing you all over the web helping folks out. Very cool. Yeah, just getting spun up on the datalog blog you wrote up. I want to make sure I understand the procedure and do it right so you have a good set of logs to go by. I was hoping you could tell me about the diablo performance tune that was loaded. I'd imagine that would be a 93 octane? I've been able to play just a little bit today, and it is a wonderful device, and the car runs much more smoother.
yep, I'm all over the place, hahaha.. 24 different GM forums...

the Diablo Tune is made for 91 octane gas or higher...

glad to hear you're liking it so far!
post #8 of 11 Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Garage
What does this tuner do other than reset the fuel octaine table, which I can do myself with fuse pulled from #5, and #20?

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #9 of 11 Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
What does this tuner do other than reset the fuel octaine table, which I can do myself with fuse pulled from #5, and #20?
uhhh, pullling a fuse to reset learned items is nothing like reprogramming the ecm/tcm, heh...

the preset tunes have many adjustments made in them - timing, fueling, torque, torque management, fans, knock retard settings, etc etc etc...

the camaro's gain about 20 hp/tq...

other items you can adjust yourself using the tool:

#
COT time delay
#
DoD disable
#
Idle RPM Drive/Neutral
#
Injector Slope adjustment
#
WOT Fuel 2k-3.8k / 4k-4.9k / 5k-7k
#
Rev Limit
#
WOT Spark (in degrees) 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5.2k-7k
#
Fan adjustment, individual adjustment per temp dependent cell
#
Tire Size
#
Scan/Read/Clear trouble codes

etc etc...

here's more info about it:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...isplay&pid=151

post #10 of 11 Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Just completed a trip, about 2200 miles, 80% interstate / 20% state highway, didn't hot dog it, but kept the drive interesting and ended up averaging 20.9 mpg with the DiabloSport built-in performance tune. Also got to say that the performance improved drive-ability quite a bit... really smoothed out the engine in all conditions from cold start up to a long cruise to having a bit of highway fun. Can't stress enough, the engine sounds and runs silky smooth. After I pick up one of those vmax ported TB's, going to try for a custom tune. Can't wait.

2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS
DiabloSport Trinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page