Intune - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Intune

I have a 2011 Camaro(L99) and a no tune Vararam intake,Vmax ported throttle body and Corsa exhaust.I am ordering a Intune programmer and was wondering if I will need a custom tune or will the tune with the device be okay?

Fear is temporary,regret is forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

the preloaded tunes that come on the inTune will be fine... and you can do data logging and make some fueling adjustments as well to compensate for the additional airflow...

but you can also still get a custom tune done for it if you want, to gain even more performance/power...
post #3 of 34 Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Camaro Corvette Tuner in Tampa

Im not sure how far away you are from Tampa, but my street tunes cost $280

No canned tuned junk. Ill tune for your car as you drive it, and it will be the best bang for the buck you'll ever spend
Tampa Tuning

Phil

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]

post #4 of 34 Old 01-03-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am near West Palm Beach about 2 to 3hrs. from Tampa.I have already ordered my tuner and it should be here by Friday.Maybe I will do some data logging and see what MonteSS can come up with.
What are you using to tune our cars with?

Fear is temporary,regret is forever.
post #5 of 34 Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post

No canned tuned junk. Ill tune for your car as you drive it, and it will be the best bang for the buck you'll ever spend
Tampa Tuning

Phil
it would be worth the trip for phil's tune. he uses hp tuner.
post #6 of 34 Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohten View Post
I am near West Palm Beach about 2 to 3hrs. from Tampa.I have already ordered my tuner and it should be here by Friday.Maybe I will do some data logging and see what MonteSS can come up with.
What are you using to tune our cars with?
yes, not to worry... diablo's CMR software is like hp tuners... and yes the custom tune is better than the canned tunes, even though those themselves are not "junk" as tampa would like to lead you to believe... they're better than any other handheld tunes out there...

you go his route with hp tuners, and you won't be able to restore the original backup stock tune to your car before you go to the dealer for any service work, unless you go to him and have him do it every time... won't be able to log/monitor any data yourself if you want to... won't be able to make any minor changes yourself if you want/need to.. etc etc...

not to worry man...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.
post #7 of 34 Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
the preloaded tunes that come on the inTune will be fine... and you can do data logging and make some fueling adjustments as well to compensate for the additional airflow...

but you can also still get a custom tune done for it if you want, to gain even more performance/power...
Hey Monte are the canned tunes on the intune any different than the ones I have on my u7194? Also, I'm installing LTs this week, I know I need a custom tune, but for now can I run the canned tune with my LTs or should flash back to stock?
thanks!
post #8 of 34 Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Matt View Post
Hey Monte are the canned tunes on the intune any different than the ones I have on my u7194? Also, I'm installing LTs this week, I know I need a custom tune, but for now can I run the canned tune with my LTs or should flash back to stock?
thanks!
if you have the latest revision on your 7194, then the tunes are the same as the inTune tunes...

and yes, you can run the canned preset tunes with the lt's... no need to go back to stock at all...
post #9 of 34 Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM

ok cool, i just updated to r9v28, so i should be good.
thanks!
post #10 of 34 Old 01-10-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post

Tampa Tuning

Phil
For that same $280 the customer can buy a tuner that gives them flash capability, preloaded tunes, adjustable parameters, and datalogging capabilities.

Throw in the ability to read and clear trouble codes, and get custom tunes, and suddenly the $280 Predator seems like a heck of a deal vs a street tune

Oh yeah...when you pay $280 for a street tune, how does the customer set the vehicle back to stock before going to the dealer? Or better yet, how do you avoid the dealer seeing the fact that you have flashed the PCM, since the CVNs WILL change when you flash it with HPtuners, unlike what happens when you use our tools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page