MASS airflow sensors - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

MASS airflow sensors

has anyone installed the Jet power-flo mass air sensor? Im wondering if its worth the 135.00 and does it do what it says??..im not concerned how much HP i will get but i want to make sure my AirAid intake works at optimal performance without restriction

The factory sensor not only is a major restrictive point in stock intake systems, but it also limits the full potential of aftermarket cold air intake systems. The flow bench tested design of the JET Mass Air Sensor provides airflow increases of up to 45% and installs in 10 minutes or less. Compatible with other aftermarket upgrades such as computer upgrades, cold air intakes, TBI spacers, free flow exhaust systems, etc.

heres the link
JET Performance Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor for 2010-11 Camaro V6

yay or nay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Will it throw a code?

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM

I have found that aftermarket maf's cause more problems than they are worth. At least they were for the LS1 and LS2 . Dont know much about the V6 maf but I cant see it being any more restrictive than the V8. And these are miniscule compared to the LS1/2 mafs. I think you'll be fine with you stock peice.

2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6, Black leather, Sun roof, OBX Headers, Halltech cai, Mike Norris tuned.

Avenging Orange, 34 years of not buying into the hype!

post #4 of 7 Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

don't do it man!!!

there is no need to go to an aftermarket MAF sensor... they fool the ecm into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is.. and it throws off your fueling, which is bad, especially when you go to get a tune...

the stock MAF sensor is good for 550/600+ hp anyway, so there's no need to change it...

keep the stock original GM MAF sensor!!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I installed a Granatelli MAF on my pickup. All it does is throw an intermittent code. Waste of money.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

answered my questions..THANKS Y'ALL guess i wont be doing that....
instead...VMAX, here i come
post #7 of 7 Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
You might want to verify that you at least have a "strong" sensor in the car. There were some troublesome units out there for awhile. It is evidenced by having a letter and number (or two) on it. Pop it out and look at it. You should see something like K19 to indicate a strong sensor. Just a single letter and I would replace it thru one of the vendors here that sell verified strong GM replacements....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page