Intune or Trinity - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 07-07-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Intune or Trinity

I have a 2010 2SS Borla exhaust with a K&N cold air intake.I want to tune it but don't know the best way to go? I like the DiabloSport but don't know what to get. The InTune or the Trinity? What is the differnces beside the screen and the trinity you leave it pluged in all the time. Also is there anyway to tell if the car has already been Tuned. I got the car used from the dealer and it already had the Borla and skip Shift elemater on it. I added the cold air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

I personally would go with the cheaper of the two...which I think is the InTune. IMO, there's no need to buy a more expensive product if the cheaper product will do the exact sam thing you want it to do. Matter of fact, I found a used Predator for $170.00 so I went that way. Neither the Trinity nor the InTune will add more power than the Predator and that's all I wanted the tuner for. I do believe the Trinity has a lot more features than the InTune, but then again if you're not gonna use those feature then they're useless.

As far as telling if there is a tune on the car...DS says they cannot be traced. But that means you would have to return to stock before you take the car in for service and then lie if they ask why the ECU is not in "Readiness" mode. If you leave the tune on the car then they should be able to tell pretty easily.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 18 Old 07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If you're worried about the dealer voiding your warranty because of a tune, talk with your dealer and get the answer straight from them. This topic has been beat to death for as long as this site has been up. GM CAN tell if a car has been tuned or not, even if the factory tune was reinstalled. No way around it.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 18 Old 07-08-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all . I think i will take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out for me. I really don't want to pay for a tune if the car allready has one in it.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle 2SS View Post
I have a 2010 2SS Borla exhaust with a K&N cold air intake.I want to tune it but don't know the best way to go? I like the DiabloSport but don't know what to get. The InTune or the Trinity? What is the differnces beside the screen and the trinity you leave it pluged in all the time. Also is there anyway to tell if the car has already been Tuned. I got the car used from the dealer and it already had the Borla and skip Shift elemater on it. I added the cold air.
no no no...

trinity does NOT have to stay plugged in all the time....

the only time you need to have ANY of the diablo programmers connected, is if you are installing/flashing a tune to the car, or if you are recording a data log... that's it... any other time, you can keep it inside your house if you want... that's what I do with mine

yes, the Trinity has a few more features, like SD Card support, performance monitor/drag tree for 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile times, etc., bigger screen, ability to monitor data on screen with muliple guages/styles, has a windshield mount (like a gps) or an optional guage pod mount - whereas the inTune does not - you have to hold it, or put it on the seat next to you, etc...

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... preset/canned tune-wise, the tunes are the same. and of course, my custom tune would be the same as well... but, I like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better/easier, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you - kind of defeats the purpose if you want to watch/view the data while recording it - you'd have to hold on to it and hold it up in front of your face while driving heh, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log and select/deselect, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it...

again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for ME, for MY personal preferences, I like my Trinity better...

So, it's up to you :-)

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save $$. Here's info:

inTune:
http://www.diablewtune.com/intune_deal.html

Trinity:
http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

Thanks!
post #6 of 18 Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Monte. How many tunes does the intune come with that are preloaded?
Do you just load in your custom tune in it?
post #7 of 18 Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Monte explained it perfectly and is also one of the big reasons that we carry DiabloSport.
post #8 of 18 Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Monte explained it perfectly and is also one of the big reasons that we carry DiabloSport.
Thanks John, I appreciate it!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.
post #9 of 18 Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle 2SS View Post
Thank you Monte. How many tunes does the intune come with that are preloaded?
Do you just load in your custom tune in it?
for the camaro's, it will have a 91 Octane Tune, and the Diablo Tune - which is made for 93 octane gas...

there's also the Factory HP Tune - which is just a copy of your original stock GM tune - for those that just want to make adjustments to the stock tune and not load a performance tune (why? I dunno hahaha)...

As for my custom tune, it can not be pre-loaded into the tool.. you would need to get the tool first, and install one of the regular diablo performance tunes to your car, so that the tool saves the backup copy of the original stock tune in itself... then you would send me the copies of the "original backup" and "last tune written" tunes files, and I would create your custom tune from those files... I email you the custom tune file, you import it into the tool, and then you connect to your car and select the custom tune to install.

The reason for having to do it that way, is because the tune files are tied to a vehicles VIN number and engine calibration ID's... so the custom tune has to be created from those tune files, so that the VIN and calibration ID's match in the custom tune... because custom tune files can not be shared - they are vehicle specific. hence why a custom tune has to be created from copies of the tune files saved from YOUR vehicle...
post #10 of 18 Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

06MonteSS...you might be getting a call from me in a few months...after I add an exhaust, headers, and a TB to my list of mods!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page