2012 V6 with a p0960 code!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

2012 V6 with a p0960 code!!!

Go to start the car this morning and i get Reduced Engine Power and Stability Track Service message.. then all the lights are on.. so i let the car sit for a while.. come back out.. and its running fine with just the check engine light on.. go for a ride.. stop at the store come out.. check engine light is off.. start driving stop at another store.. come out.. and BOOM Reduced Engine Power again.. Code read p0960 Fuel Pressure Regulator something something something.. and another code that had no definition. Im at a loss. Has anyone else ran into this issue??

I have an appointment at the dealer on Tuesday.. guess I do not get to enjoy driving over the nice weekend..

FYI the only things i have on my car is a Strut Tower Brace. I upgraded the headlights to the Eagle Eye Projectors and added Driving Lights.. then i just put in 35 watt 8000k HIDs in all 4 lights..

For the Halo Rings I tapped into the parking light for the relay and the power is coming from the accessory switch.. this also is the power for the driving lights.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

it appears that my HIDs may be causing the issue somehow.. I disconnected all of my headlights and fog lights.. and the issue appears to have gone away.. the check engine light even turned off.. thats weird.. anyone have any ideas why my HIDs would cause such an issue.. do they take that much power..
post #3 of 4 Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Figured it out.. I had the HIDs wired HID Bulb - H9 Wiring Harness / Ballast - H13 Factory Wiring. What I needed to do was use my H13 Harness from my old HIDs which wires into the accessory and grounds each side to the car and plugs into the passenger side H13 factory harness so I eliminated using the H9 harness completely.. This resolved the issue. Still not sure how this screws with the sensors unless its sending feedback through the harness to the ECU. Car has been running fine for the past 3 days and no more CEL

post #4 of 4 Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havock View Post
Figured it out.. I had the HIDs wired HID Bulb - H9 Wiring Harness / Ballast - H13 Factory Wiring. What I needed to do was use my H13 Harness from my old HIDs which wires into the accessory and grounds each side to the car and plugs into the passenger side H13 factory harness so I eliminated using the H9 harness completely.. This resolved the issue. Still not sure how this screws with the sensors unless its sending feedback through the harness to the ECU. Car has been running fine for the past 3 days and no more CEL
That's weird.
Glad you figured it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page