Is there a tune counter on 2012 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Is there a tune counter on 2012

1st post I did search but didnt find what im looking for for the 2012 Camaro. I mite be getting a 2012 2SS in a few days and was wondering about tuning it. Is there a flash counter on the 12? would I have to get a 2nd ecm for warranty? Still need to fuse pull after the 87oct the dealer will probably put in it? Id do a dyno tune on the stock car at 1st. already have a ported 90mm tb from my 12 6.2l Supercharged Silverado im trading in. Thinking of a cam. I want to keep the warranty on this one. Does GM offer a good cam that will allow me to keep the warranty?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Yes...there is a counter on the 2012 and no...I don't think you can upgrade your cam and keep your warranty too.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

I just got back from the dealer and I asked a friend there . if I have them install gm parts they will get a tune from GMP and it will still be under warranty.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I just got back from the dealer and I asked a friend there . if I have them install gm parts they will get a tune from GMP and it will still be under warranty.
just beware there GM tunes are very conservative

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #5 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

o ya I know. The service manager who im friends with also said they can not tell if its been flashed. all they can see is if the ecm has been reset.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

which is the same thing that happens if you just disconnect the battery cable for about 20 minutes... so no biggie there...

and no, you can't swap modules... they'll know you did.... because things like your odometer mileage won't match that value which is also stored in other modules...

A variety of symptoms may appear in a Global A vehicle containing one or more control modules swapped from a like vehicle. Depending upon which
control modules have been swapped, possible symptoms include:

The VIN read by GDS and SPS does not match the vehicle.

Current DTC B3902 - Incorrect IMMO ID Rec. set in IPC, SDM, ECM, HVAC, Steering Column Lock Control Module (if equipped) or BCM. There are no
warning lamps or DIC messages and this DTC cannot be cleared.

IPC module displays (- - -) for odometer and trip odometer values.

Vehicle will enter power mode only if the key fobs that match the donor vehicle BCM are included in the swap.

BCM and/or ECM has current DTC B389A - Environment Identification. There is a Service Theft System message on the DIC, the Security MIL is
illuminated and this DTC cannot be cleared.

ECM odometer value is incorrect for vehicle.

Radio displays Locked
etc.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-09-2013 at 06:27 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
which is the same thing that happens if you just disconnect the battery cable for about 20 minutes... so no biggie there...

and no, you can't swap modules... they'll know you did.... because things like your odometer mileage won't match that value which is also stored in other modules...

A variety of symptoms may appear in a Global A vehicle containing one or more control modules swapped from a like vehicle. Depending upon which
control modules have been swapped, possible symptoms include:

The VIN read by GDS and SPS does not match the vehicle.

Current DTC B3902 - Incorrect IMMO ID Rec. set in IPC, SDM, ECM, HVAC, Steering Column Lock Control Module (if equipped) or BCM. There are no
warning lamps or DIC messages and this DTC cannot be cleared.

IPC module displays (- - -) for odometer and trip odometer values.

Vehicle will enter power mode only if the key fobs that match the donor vehicle BCM are included in the swap.

BCM and/or ECM has current DTC B389A - Environment Identification. There is a Service Theft System message on the DIC, the Security MIL is
illuminated and this DTC cannot be cleared.

ECM odometer value is incorrect for vehicle.

Radio displays Locked
etc.

if u have a custom dyno tune and then have to dissconnect ur battery will u lost that tune???

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #8 of 12 Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
if u have a custom dyno tune and then have to dissconnect ur battery will u lost that tune???
No...it will not because the information from the tune has been stored there. Your ECM is kinda like the hard drive on your computer...a loss of power will not lose the information that has been stored there.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
No...it will not because the information from the tune has been stored there. Your ECM is kinda like the hard drive on your computer...a loss of power will not lose the information that has been stored there.
ok good to know thank u

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #10 of 12 Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

correct ^ ^ ^

if the tune were to get erased, think of how many people would be stuck every time they had to change their battery in their vehicle heheh..

the tune does not get erased...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page