question on quick disconnect on 4thgen ss (getting frustrated) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

question on quick disconnect on 4thgen ss (getting frustrated)

For some reason I can not get the quick disconnect to stay in the slave cylinder. every time I press the clutch in it pops out just enough to disconnect.
I undid the bleeder valve to let out pressure and then connected it. Still did not work. It will bleed when the bleeder is open, but when
I tighten it up. POP goes the braided line right out of the slave.
can some one on here please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM

you must remove the transmission, two bolts hold the slave on the front of the trans, and be sure to disconnect the hydrolic line ( no easy task)
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khooper View Post
you must remove the transmission, two bolts hold the slave on the front of the trans, and be sure to disconnect the hydrolic line ( no easy task)

Sounds to me like the fitting might be gummed up or have dirt in it, causing it to not connect onto the slave cylinder fitting all the way. Check the end of the braided line for any debris, and use a screwdriver to push in on the fitting and ensure that it retracts into the line fully. If it doesn't, its either dirty or broken, so try cleaning it out with some brake fluid or brake cleaner.

It can be a real ***** to get that line on, sometimes it just won't connect all the way, you really have to play with it. Even if you hear the "click", that is no guarantee that its fully connected, you have to just keep pushing it on and pulling back to make sure its fully seated. If you can pull it off by hand, you know its not all the way on.

Have either the slave cylinder or line been replaced, or are they both original??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page