Help me understand - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Diagnostics & Tuning Diagnostics | Programming | Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-29-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Help me understand

Sup people, I'm in the market of getting a hand held tuner, been reading up on the trinity and the sct ones just not sure what is best fit..
My currant camaro is bone stock but would like to get something for future and just not sure witch is best for up-loading custom tunes...

any help would be appriciated, thanks

Something that is easy to understand and use would be a benefit

Last edited by MOFU; 02-29-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Depends on who is gonna be doing your tunes. You should discuss this with your tuner in advance of purchase... DO NOT rely on a "canned" tune unless you have NO mods!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 12 Old 03-02-2016, 09:18 AM

Have to second hypurone. No 2 cars are identical from the factory, each will vary and this is why the factory tune is less than optimum as it is designed to encompass the known variables of manufacturing/break-in, etc. so that it is "safe" for these variations. Canned tunes such as purchasing one of the mentioned (although several tuners shops can use them and write a custom tune) are also going to be lacking. By far the best is to find a truly good tuner (more bad ones than good ones out there) using say HP Tuners or EFI Live (the 2 standards in domestic tuning) you will have your car tuned to optimize all your mods, etc.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-06-2016, 06:31 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

The diablosport inTune or Trinity would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, Pricing, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two programmers... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my vehicles... tune-wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... You must have a Windows PC/laptop in order to use the Trinity, since all if its required software is Windows-only.

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/exporting tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune. The inTune will work on a Mac or Windows computer.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...

here are links to their full user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual: https://www.diablosport.com/images/s...ion_manual.pdf

inTune i2 user manual: https://www.diablosport.com/images/p..._i2_manual.pdf

Info available on my FB page as well - www.facebook.com/DiabLewTuneGM

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-06-2016 at 06:36 AM.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-07-2016, 08:20 AM

Good post 06Monte!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-30-2016, 08:15 AM

Livernois Motorsports

We have dyno tuned and remote tuned many Camaro SSs to date and have had great success using our MyCalibrator device. Every tune we do is custom too!

MyCalibrator is a handheld device that allows you to upload a custom tune file created by our calibrator using your specific ECM & TCM files, current modifications and octane level.

If you continue to modify your car, which we highly recommend you do, our tune files can be updated to reflect those changes at no extra cost to you. All lifetime tune updates and support are included in the price of the tuner.

Give us a call if you have any questions, we're here for you if you need us!

Cheers!
post #7 of 12 Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 AM

For my money, its HPTuners. Custom tune or even a remote tune, no canned tunes....If your not going to mod your car, then there is really no point in getting a tune anyway, your lucky to get more than 20whp out of it.

If your an Auto, there is benefit in getting a transmission tune, but without mods, don't expect to gain much power. If I was going to rely on someone else solely to tune every aspect of my car, then I would go with Livernois. They are sharp, and have great products, not to mention their proprietary tuning software, is extremely capable. Infact, I would put them past most tuning suites.

What I like about HPT is that 80 percent of the tuning industry uses them, there is a bunch of user support, so if you get stuck and need help, head over to the forums, or ask a fellow member here who also uses and tunes their own car, and your all set. You may not want to mess with any of the tuning parts of your car your self, and thats fine, just keep in mind, most shops are using HPT. Not all, but a lot. So your chances being able to work with someone after you get your first tune is a lot better, If you decide you want to go to another tuner, you wont need to go and buy something completely different.

What I like about it is I personally make some of my own changes, in conjunction with my tuner. I am not strapped down by a tune lock, or software that can only be used by the people who tuned it the first time. Good luck, hope that helps.

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
post #8 of 12 Old 12-22-2016, 02:15 PM

Thank's for the kind words "1KillerSS" we have the tuning down on these platforms with a huge library of in house gathered data to apply to all eligible.
Like others have mentioned "MOFU" tuning a otherwise o.e. car will only net you minimal gains solo. If you have an auto car the transmission tune we offer alone is worth the cost of tuning.
The best bag fro the dollar is our CAI, low temp t-stat and tuner package. If the car has any miles on it it is always worth the minimal funds and time to add some fresh spark plugs and ignition wires.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 03:04 PM

bumping this for those that are new to the board.
We have had some good inquiry's lately from people that are new to the GM performance world.
Touting our remote custom tuning being superior to generic hand helds is a message we can not shout loud enough!
post #10 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 08:28 PM

If my generic handheld you mean SCT and Diablo sport I couldn't agree more. However a proper tuner can do a good remote team with HPtuners can get the job done as well.

With that said, I will give a huge credit to Livernois....They have their own software and much more access to the things that can actually be changed within the factory PCM, more then HPT, SCT, or any other software company. Their tuning and support is also top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp

Last edited by 1KillerSS; 01-11-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page